• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

1U Server Network Problems

ISW23

Hi All,

I managed to pick up a used 1U server & K-5000 player off EBay,however having hooked up both components to my network i'm having problems accessing the servers home page.

When I try to add these components to my system they appear but none of the info is available(Temp,ip address,storage capacity etc).

I tried to access the server on its own via serial number but page would not load?

Any ideas?

Ian.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Server might be set to a fixed IP address, not DHCP. Some seller's using fixed IP's forget to put the Server back into DHCP mode before selling the Server. I'd check that first.

Jim

The Server might be set to a fixed IP address, not DHCP. Some seller's using fixed IP's forget to put the Server back into DHCP mode before selling the Server. I'd check that first.

Jim

As i was trying to fix this problem,the fixed ip address was the first thing that came to mind.

I suppose my next question is how do i put it back to DHCP mode if i can't access the servers menu/settings?

Ian.

Update!

Jim

I went to check and the K-5000 just appeared saying there was a "subnet" something or other,i could access the settings menu & it was set to a fixed ip address,so i changed it to DHCP and restarted.

It disappeared again but i presume i will have unplug & reconnect the Cat6 cable for the network switch to assign a new ip address to the player.

Still the same on the 1U server,

Will keep you posted,

Ian.

When a component set to DHCP restarts it should get an IP off the router automatically without having to disconnect any cables. You can always bypass the network switch and connect the player and server together, using the IR remote to control the player. If the player/server work together happily in this way isolates any faults to the network. Doing this will give you quick peace of mind that what you bought actually works. There is a technical note in the KB how to assign static IP to Kaleidescape components via the serial port when all else fails.

I suppose my next question is how do i put it back to DHCP mode if i can't access the servers menu/settings?

Ian.

Is there a way to manually restart/reset servers & players back to their factory (DHCP) condition?

Ian.

Update.

I went to check and the K-5000 just appeared saying there was a "subnet" something or other,i could access the settings menu & it was set to a fixed ip address,so i changed it to DHCP and restarted.

It disappeared again but i presume i will have unplug & reconnect the Cat6 cable for the network switch to assign a new ip address to the player.

Still the same on the 1U server,

Will keep you posted,

K-5000 working perfectly now!

Ian.

Was that knowledge base article helpful?

I don't know yet,i don't own a computer with a serial port but i think my father-in-law does,so i will have to take the 1U server round to his house.

Does the server require power & a network connection to do this task via the serial cable?

Ian.

I don't know yet,i don't own a computer with a serial port but i think my father-in-law does,so i will have to take the 1U server round to his house.

Does the server require power & a network connection to do this task via the serial cable?

Ian.

Just power.

K000037 is better - no need for serial port, just Ethernet cable

You essentially need to know the component's serial number.

Success!!!

K000037 is better - no need for serial port, just Ethernet cable

You essentially need to know the component's serial number.

Absolutely spot on Tivo,just what I was looking for.

It took about 10 mins to complete & server is now working perfectly after a software update.(Last one was in 2011!!)

Thanks

Ian.

Back