• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

1U grandfathered w/4-6tb drives & kplayer6000

clambros1970

New to this site... I am thinking of selling my system as I honestly haven't used it once since I put in new 6tb hard drives in it. It just sits in my rack powered off. If someone could give me an idea as to what my 1U server grandfathered with 4 new 6tb drives and a Kplayer 6000 is worth? Appreciate any feedback

New to this site... I am thinking of selling my system as I honestly haven't used it once since I put in new 6tb hard drives in it. It just sits in my rack powered off. If someone could give me an idea as to what my 1U server grandfathered with 4 new 6tb drives and a Kplayer 6000 is worth? Appreciate any feedback
K still sells new 6TB drives. Whatever K asks for 6TB drive times 4 minus depreciation*. An empty grandfathered 1U chassis is worth $250 to $750 depending on age and condition.

* Since yours aren’t new anymore they will he worth be less than what new drives go for. I believe K warranty on these replacements drives is 2 years from the purchase date. If it has been more than 2 years, the depreciation factor might be bigger.

Fine to ask for advice, but this seems almost like a posting to sell your device without joining here as a premium member and posting it for real in the marketplace.
It's literally only $10 to sell something here legitimately. This compares to sites like ebay and Audiogon where you'd end up paying hundreds of dollars to sell something. Please consider joining as a premium member... we'd love to have you and you'll find an eager audience to purchase your items if you'd like to sell them.

Back