• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

• 🔷Why can't I make a new post here in "The Marketplace"? 🤔

All registered users can reply to other members' posts here in the Marketplace, to respond as potential buyer or ask questions of the seller.
    However, only members who have paid to become "Premium" members or "Patrons" can make a new "for sale" post here in Marketplace.

Premium memberships can be purchased for as little as $10... a very reasonable fee in order to sell equipment here, far lower than the seller's fee would be on eBay or Audiogon or other sites. Our site doesn't sell ads or sell user's information. This small fee is the only source of funds for the site to offset the costs it takes to run the forum.

For more information on purchasing a Premium or Patron membership, please see the Account Upgrades section of your user profile.

FOR SALE: 11 - 1TB drives (*re-initialized* drives!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sesame

We have finished replicating our 3U server from 11 - 1TB drives to 7 - 2TB drives. Now that it's completed, we are selling the 11-1TB drives.

We confirmed with Kscape that the warranties expire on 8-20-11 or later.

We are asking $575 per drive.

NEW INFO: We shipped all of these drives back to Kaleidescape and have had them re-initialized. We have them back now, and they are ready for sale and use in any appropriate (1U/3U) Kaleidescape server.

Please PM me or respond to this post if you are interested or have any questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
Same for me. I want one drive and sent to Switzerland.
Cheers,
Macas2k

Great opportunity for members to increase storage for a very reasonable price.

Just want to remind everyone these drives are for 3U and 1U servers, NOT for the 5U. I assume everyone knows that but wouldn't want someone to end up disappointed. :)

CORRECTION to original post is above. Originally I had posted that these drives would only work in the 3U, but of course they work in the 1U also. Statement above has been fixed. Thanks all. I've deleted all 12 of the posts that corrected my mistake, not so much as to whitewash my silly error (hereby admitted), but to avoid cluttering the OP's thread with multiple corrections.

Last edited:
I should also note that we are the dealer that handled this customer's upgrade and 1TB disk re-initialization.

8 1TB drives for sale with more than a year of warranty remaining

FYI, I have 8 of the 11 1TB drives left. The drives have warranties that expire in August of 2011, so there is more than a year remaining on them. Please let me know if you are interested.

Hi, what are you charging for the remaining drives...? Pls let me know, as I may be interested in one...thanks

And then there were 7....

I have 7 1TB re-initialized drives remaining. Asking $575 plus shipping. Payment through PayPal is preferred. Drive ships when payment is received.
Warranties good through August 2011.

So we can buy these and pop them right in?

It depends on what you are popping them in to. If you have a 1U or 3U server, then yes you can pop them right in. Depending on what size your other drives are will depend on how much space you will actually gain.

3 - 1TB drives remaining

I have three drives remaining of the original eleven. They are going fast, so holler now if you might be interested.

2 1TB drives remaining

We are down to 2 1TB drives. $575 per drive plus shipping. Payment via PayPal. Warranties good through 8/20/2011. Contact me ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back