• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

1080i

carajo

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
Are the 1080i movies actually 1080i If I am using only the component video outputs?
Thanks

If you are referring to the two K-movies (docum.) that come with the system, and assuming your display is capable of displaying 1080i, then Yes. The component is capable of passing 1080i (of course I'm also assuming you set the Movie Player to output 1080i).

Jim

OK thanks. It was the news about being able to only watch via the HDMI port that threw me off but then I realized that was for 1080p when available.

cinelife said:
If you are referring to the two K-movies (docum.) that come with the system, and assuming your display is capable of displaying 1080i, then Yes. The component is capable of passing 1080i (of course I'm also assuming you set the Movie Player to output 1080i).

Jim

correct, but not totally accurate.

The way things work is that with all the various licences that they (and everybody) has to comply with. many of them are cumulative. What this means is that if i have a disk with macrovision, i need to output it with macrovision intact. Now if i have an internal scaler (like K does) and i want to output that DVD as a scaled signal (like it can) there MUST be some sort of copy protection enabled. currently there is no copy protection for HD signals in the analog domain... so this means that in order to output a scaled HD signal, you have to do it with copy protection intact... HDCP/HDMI. Even though it comes from a non HDCP source.

It may seem odd that you can easily do this with an external scaler but not with the internal, but that is the way it works.

Did i make sense?

The kalahari movies, don't have copy protection on them... so you can play them back fine over the analog outputs as TRUE HD signals. And on top of that as a better quality than almost any other HD source out there. THere are many parts in the second Kalahari video (great thirstland) that are mind blowing in how good they look.

Dizzman,
Just returned (vacation) and saw your post. You are of course correct (thanks). I thought he was asking about the two movies that came with the K. :)

Jim

Back