• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

World's First SONY Crystal LED powered by Kaleidescape si going up as we speak at the Blofeld Clone PH

How are you handling Dolby Atmos with the two center front speakers with the Trinnov? In your document, it states C X-OVER Bm. I believe that Trinnov has specific recommendations for this layout. Thanks. SJ

Hi, It is handled using the 4-way x-over technique, but essentially the same signal, once I am there with Walter my Calibrator we will play with the presence of the upper channel a bit.

sunset med.jpg
See Trough Studio Acousticsview med.jpg
Kaleidescape Topsmmersive Script with a beautiful Pacific Sunset
south beach med.jpg
south beach 2 med.jpg
Rough Nite scenes
atmos tops.jpg
Angle Markers are part of the bespoke speaker brackets.
seats med.jpg
Selfish Bastard Seat with Ergonomic FACE THE SCREEN headrest, our 5th generation seat variant.
red med.jpg

Attachments

• side view medium.jpg
    side view medium.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 37
The client referred to this part as the "Sistine Chapel" of Dolby ATMOS Ceilings. Lol Perhaps we can see the fabric closed after some tests and foam insert adjustments.

Attachments

• IMG_0157.jpg
    IMG_0157.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0156.jpg
    IMG_0156.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0158.jpg
    IMG_0158.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0159.jpg
    IMG_0159.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0160.jpg
    IMG_0160.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0162.jpg
    IMG_0162.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0163.jpg
    IMG_0163.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0164.jpg
    IMG_0164.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 49
Still think lights inside the “Sistine Chapel” would be so cool after it is covered with fabric. Could have it automatically lower when starting the movie. Better than any star ceiling. 🤩 The entire project is just amazing. Thanks for sharing.

I agree but not led I have worked with the best lighting designer downlights they should always be halogen mr-16 or 22 one above each seat directly controllable from the seat.

point source speakers require way too many room treatments over Schroeder. Especially ceiling treatments and it is never perfect in terms of achieving RT-69 of .4 seconds the desired decay time in Atmos Premiere rank Studios a the console 1-10khz.

No more point sources for me, line sources specially the ones from Alcons (although they look way too tall they are not as the cylindrical waveguide with 80 or 90 very exact controlled directivity because of their patent) the cylindrical waveguide which can go lower to 40hz to 1khz plus 1-20 only comes out from the belly of the line source.

And I am never leaving Miami where Billionaires parachute to each week with a Tech and Financial Boom. These job in San Diego is great for point source and the room was treated accordingly, moving forward I am cookie cutting these 2million rooms that permit clean flat ceilings with flush speakers and downlights period.

Here is the system where I got my leg in to the hip and they are interested.

The concept is in its infancy but this is the general direction.

5800 cinema to scale-backup.png

The space while well architected obviously by the owners influence lacks normally needed space for isolation and acoustical treatments but whose limited space that only allows for 3-3/4" of both Isolation and variable backing acoustics clean looking Artnovion latticed wood paneling is ideal for what I am firmly convinced will be the only way to recreate the way sounds in reality, which after 40 years I just put 2 and 2 together, my cookie cutter local. Enough pintless suffering, what did not kill me seems might make me stronger to finally grow my company and one day retire in a dignified manner,

I am still grateful for the first Wallscreen Skylounge for allowing me to create my childhood dream when I saw the Jetsons.

Attachments

• TESLA OF LOUDSPEAKERSS.png
    TESLA OF LOUDSPEAKERSS.png
    232.4 KB · Views: 18
  • What Makes the Tesla of Loudspeakers for Spatial Audio.png
    What Makes the Tesla of Loudspeakers for Spatial Audio.png
    432.4 KB · Views: 18
  • artnovion siena.png
    artnovion siena.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
  • JETSON INSPIRED.jpg
    JETSON INSPIRED.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 16
I’m actually looking at line sources from Wisdom. How does Alcons compare? Thanks.

PLUese!!!

Line sources are great but wisdom's throat is too wide to achieve controlled directivity. Alcons owns the patent that permits that with ribbons. When you do not have controlled directivity (the compression driver horns do that too but they have Turbo effects and limited dynamics (4:1 vs 16:1) .

What Wisdom has that Alcons does not is the architectural integration and looks. But I will never give a client anything but A.

Read here. and here is the QR_24, ideal for my next projects in Miami.

Last edited:
The lack of controlled directivity I was saying hits the acoustics with uneven frequency response, making it harder to get right and it never sounds the way sounds behave in reality, the Alcons is the closest one can get I think.

you hear it as not multiple speakers but as a single ring speaker going around the room and saves on acoustical treatments.

Here is a youtube from the Quested tech, they did dial in the sound very well and I do believe it is probably the most musical of all the immersive audio systems in California but I had no idea going into the project that creating 9 different kinds of custom loudspeakers would be so painfully time consuming; I will be thinking twice before re-inventing the wheel next time moving forward. Lol

What chairs are those? I’m in the market for something like that with a low headrest that comes up. Thanks!

So, do you sell those chairs? What is the cost? Do you ship? Thanks!
The seats are all quoted bespoke to the individual seating arrangement, there are two widths of arms and chairs. The best configuration to have should include a loveseat in the middle. This enables a “superpower feature” that is unique in the world: When a Love seat is a lot more than a loveseat.
Love seat.JPG
Due to the heavy steel frame construction the seats are heavy as a tank. If you look at the seat leg support element when extended there is no interruption or air gaps, that is crucial because the cushion thickness is the same from your butt to the feet. When ordered in the right thicker leather that is when the “superpowers” kick in, even though there is a crack in the middle, to the touch the cushion division is so well integrated that you really do not feel the crack in the middle, thus it feels like a contiguous chaise lounge. This is crucial because of the amazing comfort factor: you can sit in the middle of the loveseat for hours and do not feel the divider crack. Thus the loveseat becomes a family bed in which to snuggle with the younglings but also the immersive audiophile’s captain's seat.

Say that the seats are extended, which can be recalled by the “CIC” seat memory feature which will position both loveseat halves exactly cantilevered out in the same exact level position. So when the seats are extended into this “family bed” mode due to the massive counterweight of the seats, you can slide in and out of the seat through the footrest without leveraging the seats off the floor like a see-saw. This is truly priceless and why I thoroughly recommend including such a loveseat centered on the best row in the house.

All of the ergonomic developments were conducted during my 4 year stint working for this Russian developer that was dating Naomi Campbell for 4 cinemas, the last theater that was going to be a 2.3 million hardware only equipment bill, was the one to get the final iteration, the one with the headrest that leaves you facing forward at the screen instead of up on a slant “above the screen” we call this the PLF headrest. Because I had literally Carte Blanche I crossed the Atlantic 5 times in first class, something like 65 grand in tickets, coordinating with the best architect designers in Europe, and visiting the factory in Antwerp Belgium to double check on every modification but also to measure a la Savile row the dimensions of the client to get the right neck support for the PLF headrest. Those years were crazy outrageous and the excesses that were thrown to move the art of home theater as far forward in a very short time.

Sadly it all stopped when Putin invaded Ukraine and the client never got to sit in the wonder creation that he paid so much for. Today all the innovations in the Strato Family of seats that Cineak claims are ergonomic features are the result of my involvement in perfecting the seats during these 4 years.

The prices in the USA were 40% higher in the early 2010’s. Due to the Euro Dollar exchange rate. Everything is relative, the price is certainly not cheap, but you will be amazed of the amazing comfort value, elegance and durability. There is no better seat for immersive cinema, that allows for the sounds from the rear quadrant room acoustics, to reach you ears so well while supporting the back of the neck so perfectly plumb with the middle of the screen, thus the headrest is named PLF for premium large format, you are not left looking up.

I assume posting current list prices for 2 configurations both incorporating the “Family Bed” super feature is ok.

Here is one for an isolated condo acoustically treated Immersive Snug.
turnberry snug.JPG

The above has wide arms and wide seats. And here is one for 2 rows narrow and narrow. If you have questions on the leather types that are thick enough for the uninterrupted family bed effect, I am easy to find. Harlow and Saddle are 2 examples,
elara.JPG

Not inexpensive but the greatest bargain in Lux seating. They are also d-box ready as an option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back