• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

World's First SONY Crystal LED powered by Kaleidescape si going up as we speak at the Blofeld Clone PH

I am very moved by your support guys, some more show and tell. ;)
P1011970+%281%29.jpg

TOPSMMERSIVE.jpg

We wanted to get the endorphins going as you approached the seating, so we came up with the spectator gondola, the whole idea of having all these free-floating architectural elements ( called deconstructivist), besides technical form follows function was to place the viewer in some kind of mind travel craft. When you see it finished you may find the spatial layout adventurous.

Gondola+Right+Stained.PNG

Solfar+Triple+Speaker+Column+1+.jpg

Whaler+Bottom.png

atmos tops
CX12.jpeg

side heights DTS-X auro in column
Hawks+Nest+Outer+Height+Channel+DTS-X+Pro.jpeg

surrounds
Z16W%2B.jpg

Front main 2 x10
Z210V.jpg

Front main bass extenders
Z210Lf.jpg

rear surround and side heights and tops amp rack
solfar+rear+rack.jpg

channel positions for atmos and dts-x notice the floor channels, they will sink the front stage 9 degrees into the floor.
solfar+front+speakers+sml.PNG

north+wall+speakers+sml.PNG

image-asset.png

East+Wall+Speakers+Small.PNG

I thought these were pieces of tape stuck to the overheads. No! Freaking angle markers!
angle-markers-for-overheads-png.1666

SPECTRE BUDGETS what can I say. There are surprises like this both technical and aesthetic throughout!

Attachments

• Angle Markers for Overheads.PNG
    Angle Markers for Overheads.PNG
    2.6 MB · Views: 226
Id, like to add a disclaimer, in no way my posting the above speaker pictures, represent my full endorsement of the Quested line it was the best solution at the moment some too long 3 years ago. I was showing so that you could see what was behind the speaker grilles. What I am promoting is the concept of projectorless, cinemas with a view as a purely PHILANTROPIC obligation, creating the perfect world is exhausting, Lol.

Why I might not use the above brand, read this month Widescreenreview, the above main speakers are NOT controlled directivity, that makes the whole thing a steep effort, below is a generic walkthrough video, you will see that we needed to add see-through rpg diffusers on the windows to neutralize the negative aspects of non controlled directivity loudspeakers. with the controlled directivity speakers I would rather use otherwise the glass would have been left clear. Yes there are no other triangular wedge speakers that slip into the columns, so for now a blatant marketing effort for those speakers that require an 8 thousand dollar column to work in. :D, :D. And the speaker angle ruler was not from the manufacturer but, the Builder of the room, so just showing the extreme details that went into this project for your personal entertainment. Cheers!

For the technically inclined, this is how the 43 loudspeakers interact with the Trinnov, Jon from trinnov dove in today and seems to think it's going to be very cool. He will be loading all that tomorrow. Me? A bit nervous.;)

Attachments

• NEW Solfar Bass Management Hierarchy.pdf
    160.3 KB · Views: 29
The SONY Z-2 CONTROLLER has 3 settings Maximum 1,200 nits, Normal 800 nits, and Medium 500 nits. While medium was initially selected, Normal is what you are seeing in the above image shots, we came to that setting after the zoom Lumagen tonemapping session that was preceded by that zoom walkthrough video above, works equally good in that setting day and night.

Fun factoid: This was going to be a Samsung The Wall install until I nudged the client to the SONY demo. The mount for the Wall Lux that was already in place was used for parts. Lol
Solfar+Wallscreen+Mount+using+80-20+system.jpg

Are you doing any type of transducers in the seating? Maybe a dumb question with all of those subs, but it is a condo and even a penthouse has people below... Lol

Are you doing any type of transducers in the seating? Maybe a dumb question with all of those subs, but it is a condo and even a penthouse has people below... Lol
If you look at the Bass Management PDF there are Crowson Transducers, but that will not be part of the initial setup as the altitude doesn't like not hearing speakers :D, we will deal with that in 2021. I am all over not bothering the neighbors and will have night modes for Dolby and DTS.

Cheers!

Wow, what a build! You always keep pushing the boundaries Peter and your passion comes through in every one of your projects.

Thank you so much 20, it is many times a huge ship anchor chain to drag with the delays. and setbacks, but the light is at the end of the tunnel. The client is beyond thrilled ( knock on wood with the surround system about to come online).

This is what he has to say about the C-Led:

"I'm not sure what it is or how to describe it, but the picture quality on the Sony C-LED is simply unreal.

My suspicion is that because the ratio of light to dark area is so great with 99% being black, it causes a bloom effect not unlike what CRT displays used to do. The end effect is a complete lack of discrete visual elements as we've become used to on LED and OLED displays. Instead, the eye sees a very natural, organic image devoid of distinct boundaries between light elements.

I sampled countless LED walls. The Sony left me floored on the showroom floor, in their dedicated Jimmy Stewart theater, and now at home. There is nothing equivalent on the market today, to the best of my knowledge and abilities!"

Another feature about the leather-wrapped columns is through 4 cardioid Surround Bass Management woofers just for the width and surround1 channel like 45 degrees forward of the seats and surround and surround rears at 135 degrees mirror imaged to the other side. These are separate from the LFE subs and are intended for light concussive tapping of the furniture from 4 side surround angles /directions to enhance directional bassto 30hz. The cardioid is DSP managed in that you can adjust how far forward out of the column the bass projects. A mild bazooka effect, for which we needed to place back cancelation wave grilles on 4 of the columns.

Attachments

• 16060018917198127602938206347.jpg
    16060018917198127602938206347.jpg
    627.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
If you look at the Bass Management PDF there are Crowson Transducers, but that will not be part of the initial setup as the altitude doesn't like not hearing speakers :D, we will deal with that in 2021. I am all over not bothering the neighbors and will have night modes for Dolby and DTS.

Cheers!
Yeah, I’ve asked them about that. I would like to use one of the outputs from my Trinnov for this purpose, but the optimizer doesn’t like that. Keep asking them to add this option! I have to split off one of the sub outputs, but not ideal...

Wow, more headaches. Since we have Dante maybe there is a workaround splitting the subs that way in the network. Thanks for the heads up!

Haha, There is some squishing on the front row IMAX view ( your eyes pan left and right often) chaise lounge. But yes this is a one-seat optimized Selfish Bastard rank design. :D

So the surround system was fired up, well 32 analog channels but not able to engage the 16 digital due to an odd custom cable from the Trinnov to the DAD AX-32 Studio Dante audio matrix. After Jon at Trinnov reconfigured the audio channels to just 32 we fired it up, the client is super happy then. However I interviewed him while doing some tests, everything sounds over the top, the one thing that is missing that was very palpable in my last La Salle pro-ribbon job, the seamless gapless palpable ring of sound, I am not promoting a brand but this is something so otherworldly that I feel everyone serious about home cinema should seek out and hear in person, the Magic Ring.

Needless to say, I will use these other speakers in my next column based bed channels.

Attachments

• Magic Ribbon Gapless Ring.png
    Magic Ribbon Gapless Ring.png
    367.2 KB · Views: 24
So the surround system was fired up, well 32 analog channels but not able to engage the 16 digital due to an odd custom cable from the Trinnov to the DAD AX-32 Studio Dante audio matrix. After Jon at Trinnov reconfigured the audio channels to just 32 we fired it up, the client is super happy then. However I interviewed him while doing some tests, everything sounds over the top, the one thing that is missing that was very palpable in my last La Salle pro-ribbon job, the seamless gapless palpable ring of sound, I am not promoting a brand but this is something so otherworldly that I feel everyone serious about home cinema should seek out and hear in person, the Magic Ring.

Needless to say, I will use these other speakers in my next column based bed channels.
I love your posts and descriptions of your systems. Pleases keep them coming!

Back