• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Wonder Woman - 1984

Kostas

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
HBO Max currently lacks 4k, HDR, and Atmos on all platforms it supports, so watching WW84 there on Christmas Day will leave a lot to be desired if they don't upgrade their tech before then. I'll wait for 4k/Atmos HBO Max or the option to buy the film on Kaleidescape or elsewhere in 4k/Atmos for a first watch.

Wonder Woman - 1984 will be released in theatres on Dec 25th and will be available on HBO Max for one month. Dec 16th release in international markets only in theatres.

Interesting approach from WB with regards to HBO Max. Not sure if I will watch it there.

Don’t think so i will go for theater soon even if it’s open so I think I will watch it with the K version and hope we get it as PVOD

Need more time to back to normal activity and also watching on my theater is more joy for me than theater and that’s way I invest a lot on it and still upgrading so for me I am in K club for WW84

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HBO Max currently lacks 4k, HDR, and Atmos on all platforms it supports, so watching WW84 there on Christmas Day will leave a lot to be desired if they don't upgrade their tech before then. I'll wait for 4k/Atmos HBO Max or the option to buy the film on Kaleidescape or elsewhere in 4k/Atmos for a first watch

Was not planning to watch it as an HD stream and can’t wait to buy it on K but in view of the below I will be watching it on Christmas Day.

Wonder Woman 1984 to Be First Film Released on HBO MAX In 4K Ultra HD, HDR 10, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos​

Has there ever been a Dolby Atmos soundtrack on HBO MAX? Not sure I’ve seen that via Apple TV...

Has there ever been a Dolby Atmos soundtrack on HBO MAX? Not sure I’ve seen that via Apple TV...
No Wonder Woman 1984 is their first 4k HDR & Dolby Vision and also Dolby Atmos presentation. I read that they plan to have some more in the coming year.

I wouldn't expect this on K or any other service (other than HBO Max) until after the limited run on HBO and its theatrical run. It isn't going to be a standard VOD title like other direct to digital things.

Not bad on HBO Max, but want the K version. How does K handle different aspect ratios on films that do this? The beginning was IMAX, then it settled into 2.4.....

Not bad on HBO Max, but want the K version. How does K handle different aspect ratios on films that do this? The beginning was IMAX, then it settled into 2.4.....

I think same Tenet fix aspect which for scope screen are batter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to the theater at it was 2.40:1 the whole way. Watched it again at the house with the AppleTV 4K and it has the 1.90:1 (faux IMAX, not full crop 1.78:1 nor true 1.43:1 IMAX) and 2.40:1 variable aspects.

My guess is we will get a 1.78:1, that has a 1.90:1 and 2.40:1 variation AND 2.40:1 pure. In some mix of HD and UHD/HDR and Atmos as a later on update.

These variations in aspect ratio is good reason to install a slightly oversized 16:9/1.78:1 screen and mask down to the viewing as a constant image height and set the Strato to CinemaScape and use the internal scaler or use an external scaler. Then have an IMAX button on your touch panel to set the scale and mask. I don’t think there is metadata, yet in Kaleidescape’s movie library to tell the system it’s an IMAX style film. We do get basic aspect ratio meta data. The touch panel button would be some form of manual override.

The simplest would be to run manual masks on a 16:9 screen all the time, and set the Strato to CinemaScape. Then when the IMAX film comes along just turn off CinemaScape and take off the top and bottom masks.

I run a 16:9 screen with top masking for primarily 2.4, but added 2.2 recently for Tenet. At least this movie starts in IMAX and then settles to 2.4...

Back