• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Wolf ProScaler MK 7 Video Processor

CPickler

Does anyone have any experience with the Wolf ProScaler MK 7 Video Processor? Any thoughts on how it compares with the Lumagen Radiance Pro? My dealer is recommending the Wolf. I have a Wolf TXF-1100 Projector if it matters for vendor matching and any benefits that could be gained there.

[Not leaving out the Lumagen link but given how much I've seen it discussed here I imagine most know where to find it already.]

Wolf rebadges components, not sure who makes that for them, but it has a familiar look......(think Lumagen).

Jim

Wolf rebadges components, not sure who makes that for them, but it has a familiar look......(think Lumagen).

Jim
Yeah, I even remarked to my dealer that the Wolf and the Lumagen look very similar, although the Wolf seems to be cheaper ~7K and the Lumagen is ~10K from what I've seen people post here. If it is just a rebadged Lumagen I'd be happy with that if they were comparable in price, but it makes me wonder if it is custom built to hit a lower price point or older hardware. I wouldn't think so, but these are such niche products, who knows.

It is a rebadged Lumagen Radiance Pro. Same hardware, same software. I thought they would change the power supply but comes with the stock supply. It is indeed the older revision on the Wolf.

It is a rebadged Lumagen Radiance Pro. Same hardware, same software. I thought they would change the power supply but comes with the stock supply. It is indeed the older revision on the Wolf.
Thank you very much. In your opinion is the newer revision worth the extra ~3K?

They are different configurations. Lumagen version you are comparing to has 4 more inputs and 1 additional output. Also all inputs and outputs are 4K60 4:4:4 capable.

If you go for the lower configuration Lumagen models with the same number of inputs and output, the cost would be the same.

The highest configuration, Radiance Pro 5348 has a jitter reduction circuit which rebuffers and reclocks the outputs which improves the audio significantly. That’s the one to go for if you are serious about your audio.

Make sure to pair with a linear power supply such as Keces P8 single output or Uptone Audio JS-2
The Keces is about $125 cheaper than the Uptone and seems to be more readily available. I will fully admit that linear power supplies are well outside of my normal wheelhouse. Is there any advantage to the Uptone over the Keces? Do people usually use different power supplies like these for any of their other components? I know my inexperience in the more upscale audio video items is showing.

The Uptone is using an R-Core transformer which is better for (analog) audio but more expansive and needs better mechanical shielding (as in metal box like a Faraday’s cage) to avoid influencing nearby equipment. Uptone also has a low pass filter on the secondary (low voltage) side after the rectifier (AC to DC). It is definitely a more complex design which reflects on its cost.

The Keces has a toroidal transformer which is more efficient but might buzz if you have DC leakage into your mains. The single output model has double the amount of capacitors of dual output model. It has a cool display too. I ended up buying the Keces because it was available and I didn’t believe I needed the added benefits of the Uptone unit for this particular application.

Back