• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Wired whole home audio system

mtasu19

I thought I would ask this group to see if anyone has any experience with a wired whole home audio system that they would recommend. I have wired my home with cat6a and 12/4 to a control area in each room. From the control area I have 12/2 going to each speaker location two in each room and then four in the master which I would like to have it work with a tv as well as audio. I have looked at the Nuvo Grand Concerto and HTD, but haven't seen them in action. I have also heard Russound has an option but is dealer specific. SpeakerCraft has an option as well from what I understand. If anyone has some recommendations I would greatly appreciate it.

Marc

I thought I would ask this group to see if anyone has any experience with a wired whole home audio system that they would recommend. I have wired my home with cat6a and 12/4 to a control area in each room. From the control area I have 12/2 going to each speaker location two in each room and then four in the master which I would like to have it work with a tv as well as audio. I have looked at the Nuvo Grand Concerto and HTD, but haven't seen them in action. I have also heard Russound has an option but is dealer specific. SpeakerCraft has an option as well from what I understand. If anyone has some recommendations I would greatly appreciate it.

Marc

I like RTI products.

I use Sonos devices in my control area (wired - turned off the wireless) and use devices to control everything (phones, tablets, laptops). Very happy.

I'd recommend Crestron.

Crestron has a Sonnex® Multiroom Audio System (SWAMP-24X8) that I've had installed in my home. Its a fully-scalable audio distribution system that delivers high-output audiophile sound quality to every room with reduced cabling, low power consumption, advanced DSP. The Sonnex® Multiroom Audio System takes audio distribution to a higher level, facilitating massive systems with up to 74 zones and over 30,000 Watts of power! If you want to create a new zone, merely run a single CAT5/6 from the main unit to the satelite unit then connect the sateline unit to speakers.

Check this out here: https://www.crestron.com/products/model/SWAMP-24X8

Usage example: https://www.crestron.com/downloads/application_diagrams/285/sonnex_distribution_w_expanders.pdf

My whole home is completely crestron so if you have any questions, feel free to reach out.

andrej770

Thanks to all the replies. I will reach out if I have any questions. I will have to do some more research.
Marc

Control4 controller, matrix and power amps is also a nice setup up with many local audio sources, Pandora, napster, tune in, local media, Spotify Connect, Amazon etc.

They also have an awesome kscape driver to integrate the video into the audio.

I ended up with an Elan Home System set up with 2 S1616A for up to 32 different zones. Its been great. I have a Fusion Research duet for 2 separate sources of iTunes and a sonos connect for a third source. I also have my m300 and m700 as separate sources for my kscape music choices. I've had no issues thus far and actually love the ease of use.

Marc

Does the Elan system have in wall keypads to control each zone? Can it control your sources (ipod, SiriusXM, radio, k, etc.)?

Are there any other recommendations for a system that can do this with a 1 or 2 gang keypad in each zone?

As an aside, in the circa 2007 "The Kaleidescape Experience" preloaded video, it shows a lady controlling the music on her k with an older Russound Uno keypad before a dinner party. The only way I can see that you could accomplish this is with a third party adapter called a Myro:Bridge between the k on IP port 10000 and the RNET serial interface. It seems to coerce the Russound controller into controlling 3rd party items by pretending to be another ipod on the RNET bus and translating commands back and forth. Hardly ideal.

The Elan system has 4" (1gang), 7" (2gang) & 12" (2gang) touch panels that can control all sources (ipod, radio, kaleidescape, Fusion Research, denon, Anthem, etc...). Most products have drivers that were developed for Elan made by the manufacturer, 3rd party developers, or Elan themselves. The touch panels have the ability to show OSD so what you see on the tv you can see on the touch panels, its pretty cool. So far it has worked with out a hitch with Kaleidescape. There is also a way to control the system through a regular hand held remote, alexa or your phone. Based on what you said regarding Russound its somewhat similar the 3rd party adapters are now drivers made specifically for the control systems Elan, Control 4, Crestron etc. basically software that allows you to connect via RS232, IP or RF to practically any component. Its nice to be able to have one controller that can control my security, theater room, lights, thermostats etc...- the system thus far has been really reliable only once having an issue due to the installer creating a loop by adding a command that was being completed automatically - I believe he said that he made a command to turn the m300 on when it already had a command to do that, causing the system to consistently try and turn on the player over and over again. He fixed it by remotely logging into my system and taking out the command.
The Elan system is very user friendly and the user interface is top notch. I am very happy with my system and would recommend it to anyone.

Back