• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Why Kaleidescape Could Own Day and Date

jmdls

Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Check out part one of my post over at Cineluxe speculating why Kaleidescape is poised to own the day-and-date delivery market.

https://www.cineluxe.com/kaleidescape-and-day-date-pt-1/

Part two will be dropping tomorrow....

Love any feedback or comments as well as gauge the interest IF Kaleidescape were to actually deliver this...

Thanks!
John

Nice article as usual from u John and while I read I was think to add the client base that K have from house owners to yacht and even some jet’s I am very optimistic about this feature came soon to K even if it’s like after 2 week from theatrical release will be something great when I was at end game I was so annoying from the miss in the theater and screaming phones pic..etc and I was thought I wish K provide it so I can watch the movie in the relax of my theater

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Second part is live now!
https://www.cineluxe.com/kaleidescape-day-and-date-pt-2/
Thanks for reading, and please feel free to share any comments or feedback or general interest in day-and-date.
John

Great article but hope it’s globally not just in the US and yes the range of 300 to 100 is fair enough when we see the price in bell air and prima it will be great to get in movie after a week or so and wish we get a comment from K officials about this soon

I’ve said it before, I will say it again- I would pay $500 to watch any theatrical movie in my home on opening day, even without the ability to stop/pause/rewind or be given a digital copy. Watching Star Wars opening night on my couch is cooler than a sports car IMO...

Well if there ever was time for the movie studios to implement Day and Date it would be now. The cinema owners worldwide along with the studios are feeling the effects of the Corona Virus. Perhaps the studios could show support for the local cinemas by alocating a percentage of the sales price to local cinemas based on purchaser's zip code.

Well if there ever was time for the movie studios to implement Day and Date it would be now. The cinema owners worldwide along with the studios are feeling the effects of the Corona Virus. Perhaps the studios could show support for the local cinemas by alocating a percentage of the sales price to local cinemas based on purchaser's zip code.

That’s a goal to the co but for me now the priority is to fix universal and fox immersive codec for the HDR release it’s form my view A MUST to resolve but always the privilege of PVOD will be great for sure

totally agree. K could excel with D&D whilst cinema chains feel the pinch

Last edited:
Well here we go. NBCUniversal will release Trolls World Tour on VOD the same day it releases in theaters.

The Hunt, The Invisible Man, and Emma will also be released early.

Just saw this. Day and date is being forced now as a mechanism to recoup money by the studios and stem the coming losses. Since they effectively have no theatrical distribution any more, it makes sense to be nimble on their part. Universal won't be the only one, especially if these mass activity shutdowns last longer.

Same for “Birds of Prey” and “The Gentlemen“ on VOD already next week

Warner Bros. and STX Entertainment have chosen to follow Universal and move up the VOD releases to March 24, with pre-orders for the well-received Margot Robbie-led comic book effort and the Guy Ritchie crime thriller already available on FandangoNow. The movies will further be available as $20 rentals through popular video-on-demand services.

We hope that we See it here in K and someone confirm it most of the local commercial theater shutdown dew the recent pandemic that hope it will go ASAP and wish the fast recover to all

UK cinemas - Everyman, Odeon, Vue, Cineworld and Picturehouse have all said they will be shutting immediately. Scary stuff.

This has been discussed here many times over the years, but K has already had all the pieces to support this in place for a long time. There is the locked down client hardware, the movie store, the back-end infrastructure to handle downloads, & payments, the ability to allow or disallow playing of store content on the player (Playback Authorization), the pipelines of new content being fed in direct from the studio and so on. Hopefully some studios will leverage K's capability to deliver day and date as well. I am ready to use it on K if I got to watch some of the films mentioned above once or twice for $50.

Here's a post I wrote recapping some of the major day-and-date developments that have been happening recently. Also, if you haven't heard, Disney dropped Onward today! Will be on the store tonight in BD, and next week in 4K HDR!

Here's a post I wrote recapping some of the major day-and-date developments that have been happening recently. Also, if you haven't heard, Disney dropped Onward today! Will be on the store tonight in BD, and next week in 4K HDR!

Are you saying on the K store tonight?

Are you saying on the K store tonight?

Yep, expected to be available to watch tonight! I have it 50% downloaded right now! Even better, buy it for $26.99 today and you'll get the HD copy now PLUS get to download the 4K HDR version next week when it drops!

Yep, expected to be available to watch tonight! I have it 50% downloaded right now! Even better, buy it for $26.99 today and you'll get the HD copy now PLUS get to download the 4K HDR version next week when it drops!

Weird I am only seeing pre order. Will reload the app and see again!

Back