• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Why is there no communication from Kaleidescape?

David23

It seem that communication from Kaleidescape is almost non-existent. Their blog hasn't had a post since 2004. Their Facebook page has a grand total of 4 posts this year and they're fairly generic. I understand their new policy about not commenting on upcoming features but even when new features, hardware, or studios are released, there is almost no news about it. If I wasn't a hardcore K fan, there's no way I would know about anything they do.

When you purchase you don’t purchase directly from K; you purchase from a dealer. Accordingly, your communication should be from your dealer. (At least i think that is their thinking).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you meant 2014. I agree though if they are going to have a blog site, it should be used from time to time. Some little tidbits of info would be nice.

Complain,:) Complain:).

Here ya go.

Wow, that's amazing and exactly the types of things I was looking for K to communicate. Thanks for sharing. Why isn't this information (minus dealer specific info) posted to public blogs? I'm sure many dealers, including mine, don't relay this information. Current customers are probably K's most likely sources of future sales or referrals.

Last edited:
billygreen, thanks for your feedback!

Do you receive our Movie Store emails?

Open question to all: what sorts of communication are you interested in receiving from us? What would be your preferred channel or channels for receiving those communications? (e.g., Email, Twitter, Facebook, push notifications, SMS, blog postings, etc.)

Open question to all: what sorts of communication are you interested in receiving from us? What would be your preferred channel or channels for receiving those communications? (e.g., Email, Twitter, Facebook, push notifications, SMS, blog postings, etc.)

How often should we receive movie store emails ?

Movie store e-mails come through 'thick and fast' and certainly they help me impulse buy.
E-mail is also good but perhaps it would be better by using the forum - perhaps a specific section can be set-up.
Twitter I don't use and Facebook I use very rarely whereas we all use the forum and e-mail.

Yes, I do receive the Movie Store emails.

I would love to have a monthly or even bi-monthly (every two months) newsletter that's similar to that dealer one. It could cover any new products (I wouldn't know about the Strato S or C if not for this forum), some tips (lesser known features on K products), maybe highlight a movie, maybe occasionally a brief message from the CEO. Just something to keep K end users up to date and to let us know that K is alive and kicking :)

How often should we receive movie store emails ?

They're typically sent once per day. Most days they promote a specific movie or collection. Once a week we do a "newsletter" format that covers several different movies.

Mike,

My opinion is that K is not leveraging enough the social networks to promote your unique product. I saw today that you posted on Facebook about the Avengers early release but such posts are quite rare, it should happen more often.
For the Strato S I had to find out from the forum. Not sure if this is the right approach.
There are so many HT enthusiasts forums on Facebook and there are often questions about Kaleidescape and its products. Quite often I step in together with few others trying to explain what Kaleidescape offers and why it is unique(at least to me). Why not follow two three of these forums and step in when questions are asked? Not every member is your target group but this is definitely something that you should explore especially with products like the Alto and the Strato.
My two cents only but I strongly believe that you should improve your marketing to prospective clients and marketing and communication to existing clients.

Kostas

I would agree that Kaleidescape should have a greater presence on social media. FB, IG, maybe Snapchat...

Thanks everyone for the feedback. It's much appreciated.

MAttHEATLifer, you should be receiving store emails if you have a Movie Store account. If not, we should figure out why not. Would you please shoot me a PM with the email address you used for your store account?

I actually get two store emails per day that are exactly the same.

755be95cf8b49c13f2aa595a836e7746.png

Please shoot me a PM with the email address and we’ll look into it. That clearly should not be happening!

Back