• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Who's got 10.14.0?

Mine updated today in Indianapolis.
Thanks K!

Last edited:
I must be the only person in Austin Tx without it. Still waiting. I was hoping to get in some cataloging today

Memphis, TN got mine on 3/1. Been cataloging since then... Lots of offers to go through. How is everyone handling all the cataloged movies showing up in the menus. I don't want my daughters to get confused if they click on a movie and it says play from disk. I thought I remembered a post a while ago that after movies had been cataloged for a certain amount of time they could be removed and you would still get the D2D offers, or am I misremembering?

Correct. Once you have the offer you can delete the cataloged title.

Well as it’s March 6th I was expecting to wake and find the new version but still seems to be on the previous version. No panic at this stage because I think we were right at the tail of the previous update and suspect this is the same.

FYI

Just received email notification of update 10.14 in the UK of my Strato S.

Interestingly, I have owned for a few years the Melco D100 CD Ripper for my Melco N1ZH60 Music Server. (I think it may be just a Buffalo derivative drive with a very expensive low-noise power supply and filter on-board?)

I connected the D100 CD Ripper to the Stratos instead of the N1, and quelle surprise......it works just fine.

Cataloguing takes probably less than 5 seconds per DVD disk

Well as it’s March 6th I was expecting to wake and find the new version but still seems to be on the previous version. No panic at this stage because I think we were right at the tail of the previous update and suspect this is the same.
Well its showing as updated as at 5:38 am which I suspect is West coast time. Just need my son to arrive with the USB blu ray reader and all should be good to go. :)

Still no update here. Kinda bummed. My hopes were raised when I got the below email from KScape this morning, but still running 10.13:

1678124177295.png

Back