• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

WHO DO I CURSE? ;-) SILENT MOVIES CLICK BAITED BY ROTTEN TOMATOES rating

CINERAMAX IOPH

I feel totally taken advantage of, violated:cautious:, by the NOT CLEARLY LABELLED the Big Parade. It bothers me to have silent movies in my library. In the future, I ask that no more silent movies be sold without a clear red-lettered warning across the fascia of the artwork. If Luke or whoever is responsible for programming sees this. Please put a credit at peter@wallscreen-skylouges.com TIA.

I can't tell if you're joking here........ 🙂

I think most of us know The Big Parade was a silent film, but if not, the 1925 date of release is the giveaway, the first talking film was the Jazz Singer.....in 1927!

Don't know what to do with you youngsters!😁

Jim

Hi @CINERAMAX IOPH -

Thanks for your feedback. I am happy to pass this note along to our UX team as they look at other metadata we may add to our storefront.

Best,

Luke

I think there's a bigger problem here. You're asking that silent movies be CLEARLY labeled. But at the same time you state that you thought this was a "new" movie.

So am I wrong that not only did the silent aspect get missed, the fact that's it's nearly 100 years old get missed.

I don't know what Kaleidescape Movie Store official policy is but a lot of service will give you a refund as long as you watch less than 5 min, or so.

In any case I've learned to look at multiple ratings, year, audio, subtitles and so forth when purchasing movies.

Good example was a trailer I watched recently that looked like something I would want. But turns out the film was in Spanish with an optional English dub. The trailer was in English though and from the shots included you couldn't tell it was a dub, and turns out poor one at that. Not to mention all the signage and what was in the film was Spanish. I had no problem with dubs, or subtitles. But if it's a poor dub and bad captioning or not available in native language with proper captions I can't stand it.

Hi @nomad07 - Could you tell me what movie you had this issue with? We can look at updating the trailer if it didn't give you a clear indication of its language.

Regarding @CINERAMAX IOPH's issue:

We add metadata to these titles to provide you with the details you need to make an informed decision.

Here are some notes on our current metadata that may make it easier to find movies you prefer in the future.

1) We have two prominent collections for releases. The New to Store and New Release. If you are interested in new -as in recently filmed- movies, the New Release collection is a good collection or filter to use. New to the store is usually top loaded with catalog titles that have recently been made available.

Big Parade would show up in the New to Store collection because it was a a version of the film we had just added.

2) As Jim notes, we do currently list the movie's release year in the top details of each title's details sheet (circled here)

Big Parade 2021-02-02 182123.png

Its not a hard and fast rule - some great silent films were released in the 30s - but generally movies released before 1930 will be silent films.

Best,

Luke

Back