• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

WHERE'S MY ACCOUNT? Hacked, or Major data loss on this forum

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
All, I logged in to the board today and got a message about corruption in the master database. I don't know if the board was hacked, or it was just a software error, but I ran the repair utilities and there are hundreds of user accounts here that are coming back as corrupted... and their posts are probably gone or garbled as well.

I'm trying to restore all the old accounts and the posts from a backup of the database.

Oddly, and luckily, the corrupted accounts ALL are ones where the person hasn't logged in since July 1st. about half of the older inactive accounts are affected and showing up as corrupted. No clue why that should be.

I have a backup of all data from about a month ago and I hope to recover what I need. The other choice is to just revert the board and the database to the good backup from last month, but we'd lose all posts in the last few weeks. Not a good option...

But I'm hoping to just restore the corrupted user accounts from the backup without affecting the other tables that hold all the posts. We'll see...

Really frustrating. VERY sorry to all those affected. I hope affected users will re-register their accounts if I'm not able to restore them.

Last edited:
Very sorry to hear that Josh. Clearly thats a lot of work on our behalf. It's appreciated. Thank you for your efforts.

Peter

Well, I've been able to restore about 175 of the 250 or so damaged accounts from a backup. P.I.T.A, but luckily had a backup and could get the database tables from that to get user accounts restored.

Sorry for the users who have to re-register now... just email me and i'll get you back up and running.

Josh,

I am extremely sorry to hear of this loss and the efforts required by you to fix it. I want to extend my appreciation for all your efforts in keeping this forum the active and vibrant experience that it continues to be. That is Thanks for your endeavors (not to diminish the many other contributors), but I do want to recognize your efforts and say Thanks again!!

Paul

thanks guys... frustrating night, but mostly fixed. appreciate your words of encouragement and support!

Back