• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

What is a script vs. a scene?

elee532

Soon to be Kaleidescape user trying to educate myself. I’m unclear on the functionality and purpose dog a script and a scene. Can someone explain? Thanks!

A Scene is any portion of 1 movie, the start and end time being definable by the user (you). Some (all?) movies will come with some predefined Scenes, but you can add more.

A Script consists of 1 or more Movies or Scenes, and will play all Movies and Scenes in the order that they are speciified in the script. Scripts are user created and edited.

Definitely not all movies have scenes marked by K. Don’t get me wrong, they do a fantastic job with popular content, concerts and a bunch of other movies, but you will definitely find titles where you’ll need to mark your own scenes if you want them. Good news is that is super easy. Just select a start and an end point and give your scene a name. After that you can easily add it to a script.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks @andy! Very helpful info!

My collection is like 90% concerts and music, so scripts and scenes do seem like something I could see using to essentially create a “playlist” of songs from various concerts.

My collection is like 90% concerts and music, so scripts and scenes do seem like something I could see using to essentially create a “playlist” of songs from various concerts.
This would be a fantastic use for scripts.

This is what I do. I have a bunch of playlists of concerts and it works very well. The capability it is missing is a way to randomly play songs.

John

Most concert discs or musicals that have been bookmarked by Kaleidescape (and *all* concerts/musicals available on the Kaleidescape Movie Store) will have each song individually bookmarked already. You'll find them in a "Songs" menu item separate from the Scenes menu. You can add Songs to scripts in the same way that you do Scenes.

Could we get a "random" button or a way to randomly play songs from all movies/concerts or from a group in a collection? Same thing would be nice for scenes - randomly watch scenes from all the movies in a collection or the entire library.

Thanks @J.Green! Am I correct in understanding that bookmark = scene? Similarly, what I am used to as a chapter on a physical disc is the same as a bookmark/scene?

Scenes are created by K's bookmarking process (and owners), but bookmarking also includes the "Play Movie, "Play Trailer, "Play Extras," and other options, so it's not just scenes that are bookmarked by K.

Jim

Scenes are created by K's bookmarking process (and owners), but bookmarking also includes the "Play Movie, "Play Trailer, "Play Extras," and other options, so it's not just scenes that are bookmarked by K.
Exactly that.

Similarly, what I am used to as a chapter on a physical disc is the same as a bookmark/scene?
I wouldn't say that. A chapter is like in a book... a point in time to help separate navigation or show major points in the narrative. A scene is a section from start to end that someone (you, K, another owner) has designated as meaningful for some reason... so, going back to the book roots, I'd say it's more like a highlighted passage (not really a shiny disc equivalent, since few BD live features allowed both a start & stop.)

I would like to make a kind of demo script for a customer who switches from a Premiere M-Series to a Strato System.
First a Dolby trailer and then 3-4 Movie Scenes, so he can show his friends these "Trailer" before the movie begins. How does this with Strato work ?

Back