• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

web interface thinks Flash isn't installed

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Hmmm... i have my own little mystery today.

My Kaleidescape web interface has the following message at the top of the "Import" tab:
ATTENTION: To work properly this page requires the Adobe/Macromedia Flash Player. You either do not have this plug-in installed, or it is disabled. Please enable the plug-in, or click here to visit the Flash Player download page on the Adobe site.

Don't know exactly when this started, but it's been there a few days. Flash is indeed installed, and all sites that use flash work fine. But to be safe, I completely uninstalled Flash, went to Adobe's site, downloaded the very latest version, installed it, tested it... and the same message is still coming up on that Kscape server page.

Anyone seen this or have any ideas?

--josh

Strange. Josh, about clearing out the browsers cache/ erasing all history. Also which browser are you using? Why not try a different browser just to see?

happening in both Firefox and IE. Good thought to clear out cookies and cache... did that, but still no luck. ah the joys of MS Windows...
I'll ask Kaleidescape if they've seen this and know a solution.

Last edited:
Josh, try creating a new user and try it from there. This is usually a good diagnostic step with the mac and I hear its not a bad move for windows either.

Heard from Kaleidescape on this. It's a known problem if you have Flash 10 installed. They're aware of it and will address it in the future. I think it's only an erroneous error message... i don't think users actually see any loss of functionality or info.

--josh

Back