• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Watching trailers to estimate the quality of the picture

giri

Does watching the trailer will help to decide the quality of the picture? Is it exactly the same as the movie? I am trying to buy good movies but also want to make sure the quality of the picture is good. I bought the first Jurassic Park and was not happy with the quality of the picture and also some of the Bond movies. I guess some of the movies before 2010 or 2000 may not be good prints.

Appreciate sharing any tips or any recommended movies for the demo. I plan to add Ford v Ferrari. Let me know any feedback on the picture quality or how you decide before buying. Appreciate it.

Does watching the trailer will help to decide the quality of the picture? Is it exactly the same as the movie? I am trying to buy good movies but also want to make sure the quality of the picture is good. I bought the first Jurassic Park and was not happy with the quality of the picture and also some of the Bond movies. I guess some of the movies before 2010 or 2000 may not be good prints.

Appreciate sharing any tips or any recommended movies for the demo. I plan to add Ford v Ferrari. Let me know any feedback on the picture quality or how you decide before buying. Appreciate it.
I asked a similar question and was told that the trailers are NOT an indicator of movie quality. I think they are provided by a third party which I guess when you think about it makes sense because K wouldn't recreate the trailers. So mine is a 'secondhand answer' with the caveat is that is what I was told.

I asked a similar question and was told that the trailers are NOT an indicator of movie quality. I think they are provided by a third party which I guess when you think about it makes sense because K wouldn't recreate the trailers. So mine is a 'secondhand answer' with the caveat is that is what I was told.
Thanks for the answer. That makes sense as audio also 7 channel stereo. I wish there are short reviews on picture quality here similar to avs forum reviews on 4k disks.

Trailers are absolutely not indicative of the quality of the image of the actual movie.

If you don’t own the movie, the trailer is streamed from a third-party service, and the quality of those trailers varies widely. Some of them are pretty good, others are not as good. Even the best ones, though, are streaming at a not particularly high bitrate.

If you’ve purchased the movie, some movies include a trailer as part of the download package. Those are often higher quality than the streamed third-party trailers, but they may still not match the quality of the feature.

Beat me to it...... :giggle:

Jim

Back