• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Wanting to buy a Alto 4TB/6TB or Strato's S 6TB player.

Very nice room, and deserving of a Kaleidescape system! :)

Jim

I am new to the forum and new to the K world. I am wanting to buy either a Alto 4tb/6tb player or Strato's 6tb player. I turned 50 a few months ago and upgraded my theater room and I would like to step off into the K world. View attachment 2832View attachment 2830View attachment 2831View attachment 2833
Happy belated birth day! This is a very nice home theater. Congrats on your gift to yourself. I really like the wall color. Never seen that on another theater before. Great idea. Good luck on the Kaleidescape hunt.

I saw a listing on eBay for a Strato S 12TB, Alto 6TB and CoStar recently. The asking price was very fair. I hope it is okay by the forum admins that I mentioned an eBay listing. I wonder if the seller is also here.

I saw a listing on eBay for a Strato S 12TB, Alto 6TB and CoStar recently. The asking price was very fair. I hope it is okay by the forum admins that I mentioned an eBay listing. I wonder if the seller is also here.

Absolutely, never a problem, especially if it's coming from you. (The only caveat for all us in dealing on eBay, caveat emptor.)

Jim

Absolutely, never a problem, especially if it's coming from you. (The only caveat for all us in dealing on eBay, caveat emptor.)

Jim
Thanks Jim. It is not my listing. Buyers definitely should do their due diligence. I have bad experiences with eBay purchases in general. That’s why I was wondering if the same seller has an account here.

I meant the "info" coming from you, not the item for sale.:)

Jim

Happy Friday Substance! Also thank you for the birthday wish and your complement on my theater. I saw that listing on eBay and I reach out to seller to ask a few question. But I have not receive any response, I am skeptical of sellers that don't response to a simple question especially if spending that kind money. But I will keep looking and I'm sure I will find the right deal.

Best Regards
Rod

Happy Friday Substance! Also thank you for the birthday wish and your complement on my theater. I saw that listing on eBay and I reach out to seller to ask a few question. But I have not receive any response, I am skeptical of sellers that don't response to a simple question especially if spending that kind money. But I will keep looking and I'm sure I will find the right deal.

Best Regards
Rod
I think it is a good reference for pricing on a bundle like that. He would probably make more money if he separated them.

You can also start with one component and add other later on. Kaleidescape scales really good. Before biting the bullet used equipment, I recommend talking to a Kaleidescape dealer first. You seem like you did your homework and know what you want but there are promotions which might make buying a brand new Compact Terra + Strato C a wiser option. There are so many incentives, it is difficult to keep track. For example I remember there was a deal for combining a Sony and Kaleidescape purchase. Don't quote me this, my memory might be off but this is why we have Jim here ;) He is always up to date with all the current promotions.

Back