• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Viewing Movies through Kaleidescape Browser?

Hi Everyone! Can anyone tell me if its possible to watch and listen to the movies and music on my two kaleidescape servers through my Laptop, with the kaleidecape browser and an ethernet connection? I have to perform a serious database clean up and wondered if i could set up this functionality?

Not possible and I don't expect them to release that functionality in the future. The closest you could do would be to install Kaleidescape Conductor and have it copy the music over for your iTunes on your laptop but it takes a while to copy the music - depending on how large your collection is and you don't choose the order the files are copied so you might have to wait for your desired songs to be copied over.

... or you could put a slingbox on a Kaleidescape player and then watch and listen to anything via your laptop, albeit with pretty compromised audio and video performance, but it does work.

Ahha that sounds like an idea but sling takes up an incredible amount of bandwidth and the quality is really up and down. We have two sling systems at the moment and its ok but not worth the price id say. Only if you have a dedicated bandwidth rate of over 2MB. If you can get this cool but for us very very expensive. It is quite a pity about KScape conductor. Not the best! Thanks guys

He streamed it over a 3G network. I think it was decent enough quality for his kids to watch cartoons in the back seat, but 1) animation compresses much better than live action and 2) good enough for kids is not generally good enough for adults.

Back