• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Very slow downloads?

20hertz

I queued up some movies for download yesterday and when I checked today, not even one movie had downloaded. The download speed was 0.7 Mbps. Anyone else facing the same issue? I am in east coast.

It could be an external issue but it could also be something internal. Such a slow download speed at first blush sounds like the download is being throttled due to user activity. Is there a zone somewhere with a movie playback paused or some other activity (e.g. a control system keeping an OSD alive) that is keeping your system active?

If you look on the store's Downloads page, is there a notice that downloading is throttled due to user activity?

If not, then it could be down to a bad/loose network cable somewhere in the chain.

I've just queued "The Expanse: Season 3" for download and it's currently downloading at ~130 Mbps.

My content downloads have never been lower than 45 Mbps, average about 80 Mbps, and can get to 130, or close to my upper limit in this area.

Sometimes it is helpful to cancel a download, then restart it.

Jim

Agree with Jim on that as every so often I get speeds down to 0.6 Mbs and restarting takes the speed back to mid 20's despite having a 300 Mbs fibre connection to the house (my ISP seems to like to throttle downloads) - wish they would throttle the monthly pricing too but for some reason that never happens ;)

Thanks for the inputs. I tried downloading a different movie and had the same issue. I never had this issue before. I will try restarting everything to see if it fixes the issue.

You might be more successful rebooting your router than the Kscape server.

This happened several months ago and turned out it was an issue with one of their CDN's. Would definitely contact K and let them know what you're experiencing.

I tried restarting and initially it did not fix the issue. Then I deleted the queue and started again and it seems to have fixed the issue. Strange indeed. Thanks for all the inputs.

On another note I seem to be getting only 72Mbps though I have a 150Mbps fiber connection. No idea why. But I will take this over 0.7Mbps any day :))

My last download to my system which includes a Terra Server clocked at 230MBps and took 35 minutes which was a 4K HDR movie! :)

Back