• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

V E R T I C A L SCROLLING COVER ART

"Changing the user interface is likely not a simple task. Seems like the interfaces of my Trinnov Alt32 and Lumagen Pro have not changed since purchasing them."

In the cases of both the Trinnov and Lumagen, they can be "once and done". I've almost never had to use the Lumagen UI (talk about archaic?). The only direct access is via the remote to lock 2:35 content. And if I were not doing Altitude calibrations, I would never use the Trinnov UI either.

Conversely, if I want to use my Kaleidescape, I have no choice but to use the UI - so far more critical.

I don't know why I can't seem to stop posting about these issues as I KNOW nothing will change. Pretty much the definition of insanity!!

I don't think Jim P. will EVER change his. :confused: :)
Nor do I. That said, however, up until a year or so ago he had no competitors. Now he has the MadVR Envy. And one of their alleged selling points (among other things) is an improved UI. I am aware of a HT Dealer that has never carried any video processor. About 6 weeks ago, they chose to take on the MadVR Envy product line and in that period of time, have sold about 10 of them. That competition has been great for us Lumagen owners as we have seen (and will continue to see) interesting product enhancments. The likelyhood, however, of Kaleidescape getting an equivalent competitor is less than slim, so they really don't NEED to improve their product's interface.

Oh well !!

Trinnov and Lumagen operate different than K. You do advanced configuration through their UIs and then they operate in the background doing their things. Their UIs are also basically built for integrators, not end users, so they get away with them being raw in their usability. I demo'ed a Trinnov for a short while, and one of my main and immediate points of feedback is that UI was challenging and fairly weak in usability operation.

UI on K is more important than UI on those other devices. K is the UI. It is the experience. You interact with it every single time you use the device. It is imperative for it to evolve, add features, and so on over time.

Concepts of beauty and elegance of the K UI are literally built into the DNA of the platform and its marketing. It's the thing shown in every premium/luxury home theater promotional photo shoot or video. It has been stable for too long, IMO, and ripe for improvement and update. A lot of reputation of the UI has been long-centered on the shuffle feature. I don't even use it except to wow someone for a few seconds when I show them the device, then I go back to trying to find the content I was looking for in a nice, sorted, ordered layout.

Trinnov and Lumagen operate different than K. You do advanced configuration through their UIs and then they operate in the background doing their things. Their UIs are also basically built for integrators, not end users, so they get away with them being raw in their usability. I demo'ed a Trinnov for a short while, and one of my main and immediate points of feedback is that UI was challenging and fairly weak in usability operation.

UI on K is more important than UI on those other devices. K is the UI. It is the experience. You interact with it every single time you use the device. It is imperative for it to evolve, add features, and so on over time.

Concepts of beauty and elegance of the K UI are literally built into the DNA of the platform and its marketing. It's the thing shown in every premium/luxury home theater promotional photo shoot or video. It has been stable for too long, IMO, and ripe for improvement and update. A lot of reputation of the UI has been long-centered on the shuffle feature. I don't even use it except to wow someone for a few seconds when I show them the device, then I go back to trying to find the content I was looking for in a nice, sorted, ordered layout.
Your interest in seeing changes will more than likely get ignored as well.

Back