• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

UV shutting down 7/31

I'm checking on these issues, hope to have someone comment soon.

Jim

I just recently got a Strato, creating my KScape account on May 27th, and linking UV. I don't seem to be any missing movies from before UV unlinked yesterday, but I also only had around 188 movies, so the problems do seem to be very inconsistent.

My transformers and mission impossible are now back to showing in my library. I never got a total prior (I should have), so I can't say if they are all back or not.

Looks like they removed all aspects of UV across their system. Some movies used to state UV owned and now just say Blu-ray or 4K quality.

Looks like they removed all aspects of UV across their system. Some movies used to state UV owned and now just say Blu-ray or 4K quality.

Correct. UV is going down for good in few months. But went down early on Kaleidescape on 5/31. Common knowledge both would be happening. So all linking and references to UV have been removed. Issue is that most people seem to be missing some movies that were showing in their Kaleidescape right before the UV link was severed. Only in my case MANY HUNDREDS of missing UV linked movies that were there few moments before. Neither Kaleidescape nor Ultraviolet have owned up to, or even commented on the loss.

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised by this but on the UV site I’m still connected to K!?

Using your browser, enter the IP address of your player. Click movies then top right shows how many movies you have

Or if they don’t have everything downloaded they can go to the store and go to Manage>My Movies and it will show all movies that are owned (shows 120 titles per page).

John

Yes, I didn’t expect that it would remove the history of how a given title was acquired.

John

Or if they don’t have everything downloaded they can go to the store and go to Manage>My Movies and it will show all movies that are owned (shows 120 titles per page).

John

Exactly. I had 12 pages on 5/30 and 9 pages on 5/31.

I LOST THREE PAGES OVERNIGHT !!!

I’m hoping hardcore it’s titles that’s we’re both MA and UV and that they will be added back when K gos live with MA. For me this “seems” to make sense with the titles I’m largely missing were mostly recent additions to UV. Through not all for whatever reasons.

If we could only get an official response from K, instead of being left out in the dark and cold in the middle of no where in the side of the road all alone.

Yes, I didn’t expect that it would remove the history of how a given title was acquired.

John

The history or where they we’re procured from is still there. Even for all the UV titles, just now it’s only in the purchase history. As already mentioned by others it doesn’t show UV on the browsing collection screens anymore; which I never thought added any or much value anyway.

Last edited:
The history or where they we’re procured from is still there. Even for all the UV titles, just now it’s only in the purchase history. As already mentioned by others it doesn’t show UV on the browsing collection screens anymore; which I never thought added any or much value anyway.

I realize that there is now a "list" of UV movies in the history. However, I am not sure where this came from. If they just left the details of how the titles were acquired on the individual titles I wouldn't even question it.

John

Howdy folks. We’ve seen your reports and are investigating. If you believe that there are titles missing from your account, would you please PM me with the serial number of your server or all-in-one player?

For those of you who are reporting missing titles, were any of these movies that are currently downloaded to your system, or were they movies that you had in your “My Movies” list but had not downloaded? If they’re downloaded, have they become disabled/dimmed?

I didn't think I had any missing but I did notice some dimmed in my list last night. Could that be related or does dimmed also mean other things?

If a movie is dimmed in the list view, it means one of a couple of things, depending on the system.

It could mean that it's an imported Blu-ray disc for which the disc is not present.

It could also mean that it's a downloaded movie for which playback authorization is not available.

If you try to play the movie, the system will tell you why it's not playable.

It could also mean that it's a downloaded movie for which playback authorization is not available.

So if a movie was purchased elsewhere and available to the K store via UV, the movie was downloaded to your K system, and then post 5/31 the movie was missing from the UV disconnection but the download was still on the system; that would fit with your second scenario?

Just as one data point - I didn’t check the “My Movies” tab prior to the shutdown. But, between my 3U and Terra Server, I had every title downloaded. I just went through my list of movies and I have NONE “grayed out”. Everything is playable.

John

Back