• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

UV shutting down 7/31

I believe it is contract based, but could also be other factors. In any case, it will not change.

Jim

Just checked an hour ago I was still connected and took a count of titles for reference prior to shut-down.

I got on the UV train just a short time ago just to see what it was all about before it goes away. I have to say that K's integration of UV into the store and the onscreen disc-to-digital upgrade offers was spot on. I'm a bit sad to see it go now :(

I spent a small fortune (and time!) this week running D2D on Vudu UV titles that were also in the K store. Have to say the success rate of them porting across was a lot lower than I've seen previously, the WB disconnect a few weeks back really hurt! Vudus D2D has always been a bit hit and miss though just detecting the movie let alone porting in my experience, although it's always a bonus when it detects multiple movies from the same disc ����

So now I've turned my attention to converting all the UV titles I have left in K to digital so at least a good number will port to Vudu and therefore MA. $5.99 doesn't sound a lot but it adds up fast!!

Scarily, if I hit buy all, to D2D my entire collection in the K store it asks for nearly $7000! I think I'll wait and buy a 3rd vault instead! LOL

And it’s gone! :-( Looks like my purchases squeezed through just in time...

Sad day. UV had so much potential that was never fully realized.

But now that it’s gone, let’s hope that K adds MA support soon.

Looks like I lost 8 movies? Wonder how to figure out which ones. Looking forward to the next K chapter!

I'm missing WAY more than a bunch.

1424 titles in Kaleidescape yesterday and for last several months.
1033 titles in Kaleidescape today.

391 titles (28%) of my collection in Kaleidescape missing today !

What's the reason for this ?

Any chance of this getting resolved ?!?!?

For reference also as of today:
1883 titles in UV. Obviously Kaleidescape never offered all in their store.
1521 titles in MA.
2157 titles in Vudu. UA, MA, & Vudu exclusive. Some titles are both UV and MA, so there is overlap. IE numbers don't add up.

Last edited:
If you go into your purchase history of your store account, you can see a list of titles that were added to your account from UV.

Does anyone else have the Ace Ventura movies? I could've sworn they were in my library before but are now missing. Two of my all-time favorite comedies.

Does anyone else have the Ace Ventura movies? I could've sworn they were in my library before but are now missing. Two of my all-time favorite comedies.

That's not part of "my" 391 MISSING movies. I see it in Kaleidescape account, Vudu, and UV.

If you did have them before for sure and don't know all these missing movies might be "random" among users.

But either way ONE THIRD of my pre-shutdown collection is missing and thats WAY too high.

My "hope" is that titles that are both UV and MA didin't get locked in with the UV shutdown and would reappear if / when MA gets connected.

This is a big guess and I have no list of what titles have gone missing but I notice a lot of newer titles that were there before are gone now which could seem to support the theory of UV / MA commingled titles missing.

I'm missing as well. Don't have time to go through and find them all, but all the Mission Impossible movies and transformer movies are gone, but showing in my download history and purchase history. I downloaded those all within the last week.

I'm missing as well. Don't have time to go through and find them all, but all the Mission Impossible movies and transformer movies are gone, but showing in my download history and purchase history. I downloaded those all within the last week.

So inconsistent.

Oddly I do have all my Mission Impossible as well as Transformers.

Back