• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

UV for fox & DMA for disney

20hertz

I hold back on buying movies in Kstore for Disney and Fox due to non availability of UV for fox and DMA for Disney.

This would lead to having to purchase the movies again if this is needed. Given that UV and DMA enable keeping rights/ownership to a movie at a central location, I very much prefer having those in addition to the disks or digital copies.

Is there any valid reason for these not being supported in Kstore? Are these slated to show up in the near future? Or never?

I hold back on buying movies in Kstore for Disney and Fox due to non availability of UV for fox and DMA for Disney.

This would lead to having to purchase the movies again if this is needed. Given that UV and DMA enable keeping rights/ownership to a movie at a central location, I very much prefer having those in addition to the disks or digital copies.

Is there any valid reason for these not being supported in Kstore? Are these slated to show up in the near future? Or never?

As I understand it, and someone else might be able to elaborate, that Fox refused to allow them to have UV rights when the contract was negotiated, stating they were not adding anymore UV partners at this time.

I don't remember the exact reason, if any, that was given with Disney, other than from the beginning saying DMA would not be available.

I'm not sure if there is a possibility of either being offered, which is an issue, because it's part of the protection that we get against buying movies on a platform that might go away, our of business.

I'm not sure if there is a possibility of either being offered, which is an issue, because it's part of the protection that we get against buying movies on a platform that might go away, our of business.

Yeah, imagine if K had gone out of business. Every single movie that everyone purchased through K that wasn't UV would just be gone.

It also requires double dip costs. The 20 plus dma movies I own won't play on KS. To fix that just drop another $20 x 20 plus on Disney movies (or flip over to dma or vudu on roku for free)

Very frustrating

Adding to the problem is the fact that all Disney movies and many fox movies, especially new ones do not have disc to digital feature as well. So I am stuck with either buying them again or as I do currently do not buy them on K.

This is pure greed on studios part.

My guess is this is partly due to K's positioning. They always positioned as a luxury product and so the studios probably feel that they can milk those customers more.

Back