• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Using Scripts for Tweaking My Lumagen Pro Dynamic Tone Mapping

JohnJ

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
I have a couple of new uses for Scripts.

1) I have generated a Script with scenes of some of the most sensitive scenes (i.e. Mad Max: Fury Road - Sand Storm; Blade Runner 2049; Alpha; Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, etc.) to use when tweaking my Dynamic Tone Mapping with the Lumagen Pro. It makes it possible to tweak things for one movie and quickly check out how it affects other movies.

2) I have another script that has the HDR and HD versions (and UHD, if available) of the same scenes that play back-to-back to let me compare HDR to SDR versions of the same scenes and make decisions on trades with the tone mapping.

Both of these have been helpful to me in understanding all of the parameters involved in tone mapping using the Lumagen and how to make the trade-offs for the best overall picture.

I couldn't do this without Kaleidescape and the Strato.

John

Great idea John!

Jim

A scene near the beginning when the points are being evaluate for pass/fail. I had to tweak to get the flames of the fire to look right.

John

A scene near the beginning when the points are being evaluate for pass/fail. I had to tweak to get the flames of the fire to look right.

John

Thx John I will have look on it since i Just upgrade my lumagen FW it look promising the new tweak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back