• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

User Portal: "My Kaleidescape"

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
I'm surprised Kaleidescape doesn't have any sort of portal for users... a place to log in and review your system and "account" (though I realize Kaleidescape doesn't actually establish accounts for its users).

Would be nice to see my registered components and licenses, status of my warranties, update my mailing address, preferred email address, maybe even some basic logs or system info. I know that the dealer channel may not want this... expecting to be the conduits that "maintain" the systems for their users, but even Lexus and Mercedes have consumer portals for info, managing advanced services like navigation system updates and address uploads... yet they still show you that you need to visit your dealer for service, parts, etc., just as Kaleidescape could. it increasingly seems Kaleidescape is an outlier in not allowing a web login for basic account maintenance, support, etc. (i have logins for my Tivo, my car, digital camera, various computer peripherals like printers, etc.

By the way, having such a thing will be the first step towards Kaleidescape offering a download service. Obviously at some point, users will need an account with Kaleidescape to initiate or manage puchases, payment mechanisms, etc.

Might we see such a "MyKaleidescape" service sometime soon?

Likely not. I'm not pro here, I haven't owned a system as long as others, and I certainly don't have the connections others do here, but I get the feeling Kscape is "comfortable".

Sure, they're working on bluray importing/playing, but for the most part, it seems they've becoming content in their offerings and their "spot" in the industry. I honestly can't envision them pushing the envelope at this point.

Just observations... from someone on the outside.... an outsider if you will ;)

I am with Josh on this, having current system information on a customer portal would very useful, especially for those who relocate frequently.

With regard to Kaleidescape being ?comfortable? maybe they will surprise us with a new product. I have just been configuring a new laptop and the price of SSD storage is approximately the same as Kaleidescape's HDD storage was last year.

Imagine the potential form factor of a SSD mini system. Fast access to data with no hard drives permanently powered up.

An increase in reliability with reduced power consumption?

Back