• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US Store payment card issues

Vodder

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Howdy all, apologies if this is addressed elsewhere but searches haven't been that useful.

I have both US and UK credit cards with a major bank, and access both stores either via VPN or when I'm travelling between countries. My US card fails the AVS (address verification) because I have a correspondence address on the account which is UK and the K store doesn't allow international addresses for each store region.

Entropay offered virtual CC where AVS either wasn't required or was "approved". Entropay have now wound down their service due to a "company decision". I have tried Skrill and Ecopayz, both with USD virtual CC but they fail too, I'm told due to cybersource AVS failure. Ecopayz at least won't allow a US address to be used.

Given K store doesn't allow PayPal and their store enforces the AVS (Not all merchants do) then can anyone recommend a virtual CC or other mechanism to allow purchases in the US store?

This is really doing my nut in TBH. I could list my temporary US address against my US bank CC but that will give me a headache for when I'm travelling.

Any thoughts sincerely welcomed.

PS - Happy New Year all! :)

Happy New Year!

Hopefully, someone has a different answer, but AFAIK the VPN is the only method to access K's U.S. Store for those outside the U.S..

Jim

Hey Jim. Happy new year. Hope you had a good Christmas!

Accessing the US store isn't an issue (although, yeah, to my knowledge, the only way to access three US store outside of the US is via VPN).

Issue is with payments using credit cards in the US store that don't have a US billing address. Even virtual CCs seem to fail the address verification, although Entropay did work but they killed of their service. Unfortunately the US store doesn't allow you to put a billing address outside of the US.

Hi and Happy New Year!
I use my Swiss credit card with no issues for both the US and the UK store. Try inputting a random address and it’s going to work.
It happens that I have a US address that I can use(but NOT my cc’s billing address), for the UK store I use my cousin’s address and it works perfectly well.
Try it and let us know.

Hey Jim. Happy new year. Hope you had a good Christmas!

Accessing the US store isn't an issue (although, yeah, to my knowledge, the only way to access three US store outside of the US is via VPN).

Issue is with payments using credit cards in the US store that don't have a US billing address. Even virtual CCs seem to fail the address verification, although Entropay did work but they killed of their service. Unfortunately the US store doesn't allow you to put a billing address outside of the US.

Hey Vodder

Did you manage to come up with a solution for this. I thought it was just new accounts that weren't being accepted, but the wording on their website seems to indicate that all accounts are being closed. I still have a substantial sum lying in my account - gonna go on a buying spree to make sure the account is clear. :mad:

Hi and Happy New Year!
I use my Swiss credit card with no issues for both the US and the UK store. Try inputting a random address and it’s going to work.
It happens that I have a US address that I can use(but NOT my cc’s billing address), for the UK store I use my cousin’s address and it works perfectly well.
Try it and let us know.

Thanks Telem, that is interesting. Perhaps AVS is different for Swiss based cards. I have a legit US address but my US card has a UK address, purely for correspondence reasons, this is why it fails - K Support confirmed this too. Same for Ecopayz and I'm guessing Skrill (they don't reply to support messages it seems...) is the same too. Entropay didn't fail tho, having a crash course on how ecommerce sites work and try and control fraud, the address verification system is what seemingly what is blocking it. But the fact your Swiss card works suggests AVS isn't applied in your case. (I am totally guessing tho)

Hey Vodder

Did you manage to come up with a solution for this. I thought it was just new accounts that weren't being accepted, but the wording on their website seems to indicate that all accounts are being closed. I still have a substantial sum lying in my account - gonna go on a buying spree to make sure the account is clear. :mad:

Howdy Steelman1991. Afraid not. I originally thought too that they weren't accepting new accounts - which was a bad sign to begin with. My K dealer then told me of memo their distributor had received from Entropay, saying they were shutting down the service entirely and that cards would be live until Feb 26th and all money to be withdrawn by April.

I tried topping up on December 30th but it said my account was locked. When I spoke to Entropay support, they said that topups were now blocked as of December 14th and the dates above did apply. This was a "company decision" and they wouldn't comment any further. I asked them to refund my existing balance, which they did to my CC on file.

I read elsewhere that Visa and the EU had driven a change in regulations and USUnlocked, which offered similar with Mastercard, have also stopped new accounts due to a change in regulations from Mastercard. It's to do with country of issue and usage or something. Pretty certain that some folk will be up to no good with abuse of virtual CC's and I'm guessing that is likely behind this.

I only had $11 but if you have a decent amount, you should buy up your K store purchases as soon as poss :) Fingers crossed we find another solution or prey K store allow purchases from international cards in their US store!

Thanks Telem, that is interesting. Perhaps AVS is different for Swiss based cards. I have a legit US address but my US card has a UK address, purely for correspondence reasons, this is why it fails - K Support confirmed this too. Same for Ecopayz and I'm guessing Skrill (they don't reply to support messages it seems...) is the same too. Entropay didn't fail tho, having a crash course on how ecommerce sites work and try and control fraud, the address verification system is what seemingly what is blocking it. But the fact your Swiss card works suggests AVS isn't applied in your case. (I am totally guessing tho)

No idea to be honest... but it works. Same for Netflix, Vudu and other US services.
Why don’t you try opening an account with Revolut or N26?

FYI something is currently being worked on in the background. I'm sure more information will become available shortly.

No idea to be honest... but it works. Same for Netflix, Vudu and other US services.
Why don’t you try opening an account with Revolut or N26?

Thanks, I'll try them both. I hadn't heard of N26. I may well end up just changing my US card back to a US address and work out a forwarding method.

I was only pressing as MI Fallout is half price at the mo and its still not showing the UV token so it won't import from my UV library :)

FYI something is currently being worked on in the background. I'm sure more information will become available shortly.

Cool! Thanks mbmapit. That aligns with something my dealer had heard, fingers crossed!

Understood, thanks for clarifying. Hopefully you'll resolve this, but given our increased world mobility, owners with homes in different countries, etc.., you'd think there would be some way to accommodate payments from any valid credit card, regardless of the accounts home address. I'm hopeful things will change going forward.

Jim

Howdy Steelman1991. Afraid not. I originally thought too that they weren't accepting new accounts - which was a bad sign to begin with. My K dealer then told me of memo their distributor had received from Entropay, saying they were shutting down the service entirely and that cards would be live until Feb 26th and all money to be withdrawn by April.

I tried topping up on December 30th but it said my account was locked. When I spoke to Entropay support, they said that topups were now blocked as of December 14th and the dates above did apply. This was a "company decision" and they wouldn't comment any further. I asked them to refund my existing balance, which they did to my CC on file.

I read elsewhere that Visa and the EU had driven a change in regulations and USUnlocked, which offered similar with Mastercard, have also stopped new accounts due to a change in regulations from Mastercard. It's to do with country of issue and usage or something. Pretty certain that some folk will be up to no good with abuse of virtual CC's and I'm guessing that is likely behind this.

I only had $11 but if you have a decent amount, you should buy up your K store purchases as soon as poss :) Fingers crossed we find another solution or prey K store allow purchases from international cards in their US store!

Downloading as I type :)

Good to know there is an alternative method being considered. Thanks for bringing this to our attention and to Mark (mbmapit) for his quick response.

Last edited:
Understood, thanks for clarifying. Hopefully you'll resolve this, but given our increased world mobility, owners with homes in different countries, etc.., you'd think there would be some way to accommodate payments from any valid credit card, regardless of the accounts home address. I'm hopeful things will change going forward.

Jim

Another vote for this! I have cards from the US, UK, Ireland and Switzerland, but only the US card will work on the K store.

@steelman1991 :) Good man!

Cool - I'm glad it's not just me then and that hopefully flagging this will lead to a solution for all :)

Small update from my side; Ecopayz confirmed they won't allow you to have an address other than the one you sign up with, which must be your country of residence for verification purposes. So that's them out :-(

Skrill seem to only respond if you call them other wise they most have a 7+ day SLA for their support tickets :-( What's worse here is that the money debited from my account and is now sat in the ether until the transaction is returned as incomplete, which apparently could take up to 3 weeks even though K cancelled it due to AVS immediately :-(

Hopefully it's something that can be resolved quickly - because K are losing a whole income stream from me, you and I'm sure many others.

Any news @Luke and or @MikeKobb

Hopefully it's something that can be resolved quickly - because K are losing a whole income stream from me, you and I'm sure many others.

Any news @Luke and or @MikeKobb

I'm also looking for news on this. I have a number of titles I would like to purchase but am effectively "locked out" currently. Thanks!

Aye, I have heard similar yesterday too, that they are "working on short and long term solutions which we will announce via email when ready".

Fingers crossed short term means within the next month :)

Back