• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US Releases for January & February 2014

JohnJ

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Here are what “should” be the upcoming US releases to the K store for January through February.

Week of January 14st:
You’re Next – Lionsgate Films (Added 1/22/14)

Week of January 21st:
Instructions Not Included – Lionsgate Films (Added 1/29/14)

Week of January 28th:
Collision – Lionsgate Films (Added early - 1/22/14)

Week of February 4th:
Justice League: War – Warner Bros.(Added - 2/06/14)
Escape Plan – Summit Entertainment(Added early - 1/27/14)

Week of February 11th:
Ender’s Game – Summit Entertainment(Added a week early - 2/04/13)
All Is Lost – Lionsgate Films(Added 2/11/14)
Grace Unplugged – Lionsgate Films (Added 3/12/14)
Gravity - Warner Bros. (Added 2/14/14 - 10 days earlier than the BR release)

I will try to update when there are changes. The dates shown are the scheduled release dates and not the dates that they will be avilable on the store (unless otherwise noted).

John

Last edited:
Thanks John, there are several on the list I'll wait for, but unfortunately I'll have to buy my Gravity and a couple of other movies from Amazon just to get the 3D version. Too bad....I really want to support the store on all available purchases.:(

Jim

I've been told that "Spectacular Now" will not be released into the Kaleidescape store. While the pressing is done by LionsGate and they end up with rights to the distribution of the physical media, the electronic distribution rights are controlled by a smaller studio, "A24". Kaleidescape does NOT expect to get this title, at least until A24 has a direct relationship with the company. (which can't exactly be a priority).

So the question now is: are we able to find a list of upcoming releases from Warner Bros. and LionsGate that includes details on which studio has the electronic distribution rights? If THOSE match, then we can almost certainly expect the title to come to the K store.

Looks like there are hints to who controls what for this particular title here:http://www.nytimes.com/movies/movie/457444/The-Spectacular-Now/details (see the section called "Company Information" - looks like if it says Lions Gate is "Domestic VIDEO distributor" only, then it won't come to the store, but if it says "Lions Gate" has "Domestic Distribution Rights" then it will?)

Here's another source, showing A24, not LionsGate, has the sole position called "Distribution Co.": http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/963460/Spectacular-Now-The/

Last edited:
Thanks Josh. That's interesting - and confusing. I will update my list.

John

I received permission to post the following to this forum today, some of which we've found or deduced in the posts above, but here is the official word from the Kaleidescape MovieGuide team.

Releases coming to the store "soon":
- You're Next
- Escape Plan
- Instructions Not Included
- Gravity

Releases that will definitely be coming to the store, but no date yet available:
- Ender's Game
- All is Lost
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

and confirmed that Spectacular Now is not coming to the store anytime soon.

Thanks Josh.

"You're Next" is already on the store but not listed in "New Releases". You have to go to "New to the Store" to see it.

John

"Escape Plan" has been added. I updated the first post.

John

John, my apologies for not thanking you as well. Thank you for doing this. It is VERY appreciated :)

Ender's Game added as per other posts. I have updated the first page.

Also, I know of two movies that were added last week:

Rambo III
The Queen in HD

John

Got some G2 that the following titles are coming to the store "soon" (some of these are already known)
- All is Lost
- Bridget Jones' Diary
- Nurse Jackie Season 5
- Gravity
- Chicago
- The English Patient
- Hunger Games: Catching Fire

that's all I know for now.

All Is Lost has been added.

Also, new to the store (as Josh noted were coming in the previous post - thanks Josh) are:

Bridget Jone's Diary
Chicago

I am not sure what is different about the latest Chicago compared to the version I have already downloaded. Anyone know?

John

The thing that bugs me is there is no way to know when Kaleidescape replaces a title that was originally SD with the HD version. While this is fantastic, the more HD the better, it would be nice to know when this happens. Titles like "Two Weeks Notice" went from SD to HD around the time Warner released the Blu-ray of the film. But this HD version does not show up as a recent release or "new to the store". So I guess we just need to keep an eye out for Blu-ray releases of older Warner movies.

any update on Gravity? I see it on Apple iTunes and Xfinity "On Demand-to-own", but not on Kscape store yet. Original post said would be in the store 2/11

thanks

THIS was a good release by Kaleidescape. Looks like it had all the impressive bonus features... hours of extra material. Downloaded it last night and watched it... very good. Great audio. I suspect it will become one of the top movies for demonstrating a/v equipment.

I didn't get the nice 56.1 Mbps download speeds I was getting last week. The 41GB download came in 2 hrs, 36 min., at a relatively paltry 35.5 Mbps. Not sure if that's due to stuff at my ISP/MSO, traffic at the K. store, or what.

Josh - I agree. And I was ready to purchase it when I realized that for $2 more I could get the 3D Blu-ray (really how the movie is meant to be seen!) and then pay $1.99 to K-scape to go disc-less. Ah, but I do have to wait another week and a half.

Back