• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR and 4K Releases for July & August 2018

“Blacklist - Season 5” has been added in HD.

John

"Die Hard" has been added in UHD and DTS HD 5.1(same as disk) from Fox.

Another reason I can’t wait for them to add Movies Anywhere I bought a copy for $4.99 for iTunes that would port over to K...

The following TV series have been added in HD:

Blindspot- Season 3
Ash Vs Evil Dead - Season 3

John

Another reason I can’t wait for them to add Movies Anywhere I bought a copy for $4.99 for iTunes that would port over to K...

K content vs physical media is the ONLY comparison that we can make in terms of pricing and quality. Comparing Kaleidescape to VUDU, iTunes or other digital retailers is not fair as the end product is NOT the same.

Buying a movie from an online retailer and then(if UV rights) leverage the K store and the high quality that the K equipment offers for free, comes at a cost for K and is not helping any of us. If we all choose to go this way we run the risk to find ourselves in the situation we were two years ago....K closing its doors. As I definitely don't want to live this nightmare again and try to invent the best way to tell my wife that we had lost overnight a lot of our hard-earned money, I choose to support the K store and pay the premium(in some cases) over physical media even if for Fox and NBC don’t have the full package in terms of immersive audio. When I want the latter and digital rights I simply buy the physical media online and not from K. This is what I did with "Die Hard" as it took FOX a long time to supply it to K.
I have read your post at AVS forum and I appreciate and fully respect that not everyone can always afford K's pricing but if no effort is made to support the K Store, our Encore system may end up serving as paperweight.

Kostas

“Tag” has been added in HDR and HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Warner Bros.

John

The following have been added from Paramount in HDR and Dolby Atmos

“G.I. Joe: Retaliation”
“Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles”

The following have been added from NBC Universal in HD:

"God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness"
"Show Dogs"
"Aardvark"

“Ocean’s 8” has been added in UHD/HDR with Dolby Atmos from Warner Bros.

The following have been added in HD:

“Bleeding Steel” with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Lionsgate.
“Black Water” with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Lionsgate.

John

“Upgrade” has been added with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Universal.

John

"Big" and "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" have been added in UHD/DTS HD 5.1 from Fox

Back