• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR & 4K Releases for September & October 2022

Unless I’m missing something (which is entirely possible ), I believe both these titles are already available (at least in HD).

Check out Dressed to Kill on Kaleidescape!

Check out The Usual Suspects on Kaleidescape!

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Andy, yes, the two titles are available in HD on K, but these are not the new 4K versions that release tomorrow by Kino Lorber. Hopefully K will upgrade these to the new 4K remasters.

Added in HDR with Dolby Atmos and in HD from HBO/Warner(TV)

wow nice more than a month earlier than Disc release…

Yeah, I will pay the $40 also. My issue is that Warner just seems to be out alignment with the other major studios. It will likely follow all of their top movies. Starts at $40, drops to $35 after a month, then goes on sale 6 months later at $25. Disney’s highest price movie is $25….
All day this. When everyone else is coming out at almost half the cost it is hard to swallow. Especially when it will be free like a week or two later on HBO.

Looking forward to From Here to Eternity (4K) – Sony
Added in UHD/HDR with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Sony

Added in UHD/HDR with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Sony
HAHAHA, I should play the lottery today.:D

The following have been added in UHD/HDR with Dolby Atmos:
From A24
From Warner

Added in UHD/HDR & HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Twentieth Century

Added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Paramount

Newbie K owner Question on HOD Season 1 for anyone who has purchased already this week and seen the whole season on HBO max, How does it compare?

Yes, I imagine K must be better due to compression/audio etc.this I have seen with movies I’ve already purchased and viewed 100 times.

Only inquiring from the perspective of someone who wants to watch this but has waited until the season was over to binge watch the whole thing, as it’s not available on disc yet, only HBO MAX stream in 4K and DV and Atmos.

Are we talking substantially another world better in comparison?

I’m usually not inclined to buy HBO TV seasons, with the exception if they ever get their heads out of the sand and finally remaster The Wire, Rome or True Detective/Westworld Season 1 in 4K HDR UHD atmos……then I’d be like that “Take my Money” dude in Futurama 😂

Because it is currently only available in HD in the Store.

Jim

Yes, K must have seen a problem and pulled it back to fix.

John

It's still listed as available in UHD/HDR in the Canadian store.

Wayne

John may be right, frankly I didn't try the link Kostas noted. It might also be that it was actually only intended for the Canadian store, not sure.

Jim

Back