• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR & 4K Releases for September & October 2022

Added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Lionsgate

On pre-order in UHD/HDR and HD from Sony

Added from Warner
In HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1
In SD

In SD from Universal

I looked on the K Movie Store for "Star Trek I: The Motion Picture - The Director's Edition (4K/UHD)" which is available on BluRay but did not see it on the store. Is it there and I didn't see it or is is not there and why? The one I found in the store doesn't have Atmos nor does ti appear to be the most current release - unless I was looking at the incorrect one.

This is the only one I found:
Screen Shot 2022-10-09 at 2.49.26 PM.png

This is the one I am interested in:

Screen Shot 2022-10-09 at 2.52.57 PM.png

I looked on the K Movie Store for "Star Trek I: The Motion Picture - The Director's Edition (4K/UHD)" which is available on BluRay but did not see it on the store. Is it there and I didn't see it or is is not there and why? The one I found in the store doesn't have Atmos nor does ti appear to be the most current release - unless I was looking at the incorrect one.

This is the only one I found:
View attachment 3016

This is the one I am interested in:

View attachment 3017
It hasn't shown up yet on K

Is that typical that a movie of this caliber would be on disc and not on K (or even mentioned that it was forthcoming?)
It does happen, latest one I can think of is The Untouchables 4k, it took a few weeks before it dropped.
Other recent 4k releases that haven't dropped on the K store yet:

Scream 2
I know what you did Last Summer
Fright Night (1986)
Batman: The Long Halloween
Heavy Metal
Doom

As has been mentioned many times, the physical disc being available is a good thing, but they still need the digital version to be made available as well. If we see the release on one of the streamers, that's obviously an indication K may get access soon, depending on relevant contracts in place between some other providers and the content owner (or their distributor).

Jim

As has been mentioned many times, the physical disc being available is a good thing, but they still need the digital version to be made available as well. If we see the release on one of the streamers, that's obviously an indication K may get access soon, depending on relevant contracts in place between some other providers and the content owner (or their distributor).

Jim
Good point Jim, I just checked the 6 I listed earlier and they all are available in 4k on Vudu including Star Trek: The Motion Picture (Director's Edition)

Good point Jim, I just checked the 6 I listed earlier and they all are available in 4k on Vudu including Star Trek: The Motion Picture (Director's Edition)

I think K has consistently delivered on the Star Trek movies, but sometimes it might be a week or few for them to turn up. We are getting a massive and regular flow of content and upgrades into the store, it's awesome. So my hopes are high.

Cool, then I would hope we'd see those soon!

Jim

How about Lawrence Of Arabia - HDR... months ago the 4K Disc Came out!! K is still at UHD.
A flag ship title like that

How about Lawrence Of Arabia - HDR... months ago the 4K Disc Came out!! K is still at UHD.

So is Vudu (AFAIK). Do any of the other Streamers have it in HDR? (That's a real question, not sarcasm, I'd like it as well. It's on my list of top 25 movies.)

Jim

It is on Apple but released by Horizon Pictures (not Sony).

John

On Vudu it has Dolby Vision and HDR10, Movies Anywhere and Amazon Prime it's HDR10

Thanks, then I would think K should be able to get it as well....I'll inquire.

Jim

It should be a software issue at this point (and licensing). When DV was first released, the correct hardware was needed. Dolby later released the ability to offer DV through a software change, and if I'm remembering correctly, all that is needed is the device receiving the software must meet the SMPTE ST-2084 standard (HDR-10, HDR-10+ do). There are additional specs regarding contrast, peak brightness, color, etc., in the display as well.

I have not kept up with the details in awhile, so correct me if I'm wrong here, but that's what I remember.

Jim

Back