• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR & 4K Releases for September & October 2021

"The Shawshank Redemption" has been added in HDR with DTS-HD Master from Warner Bros.

Re: Zack Snyder's Justice League

Posed the question to our media team. Looks like we'll soon have updated licensing to make the title available on the Canadian store. They currently have no date for the digital release of the Snyder Cut in the US.

I can assure you that we will make it available in the best possible quality as soon as it is permitted by our licensing.
This title is now available on our Canadian store in addition to the UK store.

Star Trek Upgrade Pricing for the recent HDR upgrades (in case anybody was wondering)
$9.99 to upgrade from Digital HD
$4.92 to upgrade from cataloged BD

I assume the same will hold true for Witness, which is $9.99 to upgrade from Digital HD.
I upgraded my Blu-ray disc copies to Digital HD a couple of months ago for $4.92 each. I am given the $9.99 upgrade price now. I still have the Blu-ray discs somewhere in my storage. If I catalog these (although I own the digital HD), will I still get the $9.99 or $4.92 upgrade price?

i am not sure in that
i had bought then for the 1.92 d+d price during sale last fall and then they were $4.92 last week as I still had the disc catalogued

Just re-catalog the discs. It seems like it just recognizes the last version present. Or at least while the disc is present you should be able to see the better pricing from the movies play menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just re-catalog the discs. It seems like it just recognizes the last version present. Or at least while the disc is present you should be able to see the better pricing from the movies play menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I moved from a Strato player/server to a Terra server + Strato C player recently. I believe I was supposed to remove my old Strato after adding the new Terra and Strato C. I don’t remember how I exactly did it but I believe I messed it up so I lost all my catalogued titles except the ones in my still present Premiere system. Although I have been meaning to get rid of them, I still have my discs in boxes in my storage. I guess I am going to have to re catalog the missing titles.

The following have been added:
“Inglourious Basterds” in HDR with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Universal
”Baba Yaga: Terror of the Dark Forest” in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Shout Factory

"Candyman (2021)" has been added as Premium Rental in UHD/HDR with DTS-HD Master from NBCUniversal

Re: Zack Snyder's Justice League

Posed the question to our media team. Looks like we'll soon have updated licensing to make the title available on the Canadian store. They currently have no date for the digital release of the Snyder Cut in the US.

I can assure you that we will make it available in the best possible quality as soon as it is permitted by our licensing.

Can you ask them about the recent Sony titles that are out on disc and other streaming platforms that haven't hit K? Movies like Snatch, The Last Action Hero, The Mask of Zorro and a few others come to mind.

Can you ask them about the recent Sony titles that are out on disc and other streaming platforms that haven't hit K? Movies like Snatch, The Last Action Hero, The Mask of Zorro and a few others come to mind.
Are you talking about specific versions? Those movies are in the store HD and UHD for zoro….

Are you talking about specific versions? Those movies are in the store HD and UHD for zoro….
KDeering is referring to the availability of the HDR versions of those titles.

Big Fish is another. Been waiting patiently for that one.

There is a difference between the UHD versions we have of some titles and the 4K HDR versions that are out on disc. MOZ if UHD, not the HDR version out on disc. The same can be said about Lawrence of Arabia, a title that has been in 4K HDR on disc for almost a year now and still no sign of it on K. It makes no sense that K is now the only service you can't get these movie in 4K HDR on (disc, iTunes, Vudu, Amazon.........)

Added:
The Wonderful: Stories from the Space Station (2021) in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from NBC Universal

“Tha Suicide Squad” has been added in UHD/HDR with Dolby Atmos and in HD with DTS-HD MA 7.1 from Warner

“Lady of the Manor” has been added in HDR with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Lionsgate

“Unbreakable” has been added in UHD/HDR with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Disney

A Clockwork Orange (1971) has been added in HDR/UHD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from from Warner Bros.

And $4.92 to upgrade. Nice.

Back