• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR & 4K Releases for November & December 2020

"Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" has been added(as preorders) in UHD/HDR(both editions) with Dolby Atmos

Guess the rest will follow soon ! Happy Thanksgiving !

Edit: Just noticed that both HDR/UHD versions are available as preorders. HD versions can be upgraded but the UHD/HDR Atmos versions will be made available on December 1st, 2020 for the Standard Edition and December 15th, 2020 for the Extended Edition. This is the first time I believe that resolution upgrades show up as preorders but I maz be wrong.

Last edited:
"Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" has been added in UHD/HDR(both editions)

Guess the rest will follow soon ! Happy Thanksgiving !

WoooW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Ahmad78 See edit above, preorders for the time being

Yes I made upgrade to the extended version in 15.99$ which is great offer to get an upgrade to what you have and I have both trilogy so good safe amount will be but the bad is in 15 DEC the extended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

”Jiu Jitsu” has been added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Paramount

All now available for preorder!
Standard Edition available on December 1st
Extended Edition available on December 15th

Last edited:
Thanks, John!

A few others to note that sadly are not imminent:

Ava and Hard Kill are both from Vertical Entertainment
Infidel is from Cloudburst Entertainment
Maybe Next Year is from Virgil Films

Thanks. These have been removed. Looks like I am going to have to do more cross checking with IMDb.

John

There doesn’t seem to be a 4K version of the extended version of the first Hobbit movie? Strange.

There doesn’t seem to be a 4K version of the extended version of the first Hobbit movie? Strange.
Guess that it’s simply not ready yet. More than two weeks until release date so plenty of time to show up.

“Host” has been added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from RLJ Entertainment

Not a new release but may be of interest to some:
”Pink Floyd: Delicate Sound of Thunder” has been added in UHD & HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Sony

Not a new release but may be of interest to some:
”Pink Floyd: Delicate Sound of Thunder” has been added in UHD & HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Sony
Ah, curse you again @Kostas... you and the other moviestore monitors are costing me a fortune this week! ;)
I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan... so I have to buy that 4K concert. Downloading now!

(REALLY odd that the HDR version and the Blu-Ray version have different song lists. Maybe @Luke can chime in with an explanation... some sort of music rights thing? or just a bookmarking error?)

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 6.10.11 PM.png

“Blade” has been added in UHD/HDR with Do;by Atmos from Warner Bros.:

John

Wonder if Warner is increasing prices on disc to digital. When I did 300 the week it came out it was like $16 (normal for Warner). LOTR and Blade are $29. Any other titles are $4 something right now they Warner, including more recent titles.

Wonder if Warner is increasing prices on disc to digital. When I did 300 the week it came out it was like $16 (normal for Warner). LOTR and Blade are $29. Any other titles are $4 something right now they Warner, including more recent titles.
Have upgraded all LotR and Blade for $15.99 but I had the HD store version. I had done the D2D conversion in 2013 for $1.99 each.

Just saw that Wonder Woman: 1984 will stream on HBO Max this Christmas. I wonder if we might see it pop up on Kscape too.

Ah, curse you again @Kostas... you and the other moviestore monitors are costing me a fortune this week! ;)

(REALLY odd that the HDR version and the Blu-Ray version have different song lists. Maybe @Luke can chime in with an explanation... some sort of music rights thing? or just a bookmarking error?)
Huge Pink Floyd as well and I was so excited to see this concert from the late 80’s being made available. Bought it immediately as well, this is the first concert I ever went. May 1989, they performed in Athens-Greece(Another Lapse tour), more or less same setlist as this one, Another Brick in The Wall Part 2 on top. I was 16 at the time and what an experience.....
Saw them again in Lausanne in 1994 and also seen Roger Waters live twice. Desert Trip, Coachella in 2016(best three days of my life) and in Zurich couple of years ago.
Always regretted not going to the Live 8 in London to see their one-off reunion but I have the DVD and their performance is simply stunning.

Just saw that Wonder Woman: 1984 will stream on HBO Max this Christmas. I wonder if we might see it pop up on Kscape too.

I don't have any official confirmation, but I'm pretty confident that WW '84 will be digitally purchasable and come to disc in some window after the theater/HBO Max release.

"Billie" has been added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Universal

I have now made it through about half of each of the UHD and HD versions and looks like the exact same concert - just songs marked differently. This is the usual Pink Floyd concert of deciding where one song ends and the next one begins....

Very enjoyable so far!

John

Back