• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR & 4K Releases for November & December 2022

Ok, somebody help me because I must be going crazy….I am not seeing either of these titles available in HDR, what am I missing?!View attachment 3172View attachment 3173

$9.99 for Love Story upgrade to HDR.

Does anyone know if the Shout Factory 4K transfers of Carrie and WarGames that are releasing this month are coming to K?

Does anyone know if the Shout Factory 4K transfers of Carrie and WarGames that are releasing this month are coming to K?
Carrie looks to only be limited/collector's releases, so not good odds there (RIP Space Truckers,) but I would hope at least WarGames sees a digital copy. On the other hand, they are lagging quite a bit in their 4k releases.

Carrie looks to only be limited/collector's releases, so not good odds there (RIP Space Truckers,) but I would hope at least WarGames sees a digital copy. On the other hand, they are lagging quite a bit in their 4k releases.
Thanks for the info. I hope that K works with this and other studios (Kino Lorber - Dressed to Kill, etc.) to get their new 4K transfers on K. These are they types of classics that film collectors want to have in their collections with the best possible resolution and transfers.

Thanks for the info. I hope that K works with this and other studios (Kino Lorber - Dressed to Kill, etc.) to get their new 4K transfers on K. These are they types of classics that film collectors want to have in their collections with the best possible resolution and transfers.
It's almost always a bit more complicated, because for these more niche 4K remasters from Arrow, Kino, Shout, etc., they often only buy the physical rights to the 4K transfer, not the digital rights. Which means the digital releases are up to the studios themselves to put out and they don't always do.

To compound things even more, sometimes when Arrow, Kino, Shout, etc buy the rights for the physical releases, they fund the new 4K transfers themselves, and the transfers don't automatically belong to the original studio, which means they don't have a version to release digitally, unless they pay extra to Arrow, Kino, Shout etc to be able to use that transfer in a digital release which they don't always do.

Long story short, for some of these movies, due to complex rights nonsense, there isn't always a straightforward way for them to be released digitally.

It's almost always a bit more complicated, because for these more niche 4K remasters from Arrow, Kino, Shout, etc., they often only buy the physical rights to the 4K transfer, not the digital rights. Which means the digital releases are up to the studios themselves to put out and they don't always do.

To compound things even more, sometimes when Arrow, Kino, Shout, etc buy the rights for the physical releases, they fund the new 4K transfers themselves, and the transfers don't automatically belong to the original studio, which means they don't have a version to release digitally, unless they pay extra to Arrow, Kino, Shout etc to be able to use that transfer in a digital release which they don't always do.

Long story short, for some of these movies, due to complex rights nonsense, there isn't always a straightforward way for them to be released digitally.
Thanks for the explanation. I didn't think about the physical versus digital rights issues. I guess I'll still be buying some 4K discs in the future.

Angry Neighbors (2022) in UHD/HD with DTS-HD Master 5.1 from Lionsgate

The Eternal Daughter (2022) in HDR/UHD with Dolby TrueHD Atmos & in HD with DTS-HD Master 7.1 from A24 Films

Neptune Frost (2021) in HD with DTS-HD Master 5.1 from Kino Lorber

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (2009) in HDR/UHD with Dolby TrueHD Atmos From Sony Pictures

Detective Knight: Redemption (2022) in HDR/UHD/HD from Lionsgate up for Pre-Order

Please Baby Please (2022) in HD with DTS-HD Master 5.1 from Music Box Films

Pulp Fiction in HDR in the UK store. Upgrade from HD is 20 quids.

Added in UHD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Paramount:

John

The following have been added:
in HDR with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Paramount

in UHD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Paramount

In HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Universal

in UHD/HDR with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Sony

in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Paramount

in UHD/HDR with Dolby Atmos from Universal

Last edited:
Pulp Fiction in HDR in the UK store. Upgrade from HD is 20 quids.

Just updated in the US, been waiting for this one…. D2D $4.92 (upgrading from BD owned)….

$4.99 upgrade from previous KScape digital purchase. The $0.07 difference is interesting haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmm I own it in Blu-ray quality from the store but it's still showing $24.99 for me.

Very strange. I purchased it initially back in July 2021 when it was on sale for $10 on the KScape store, I don't own it on blu-ray. Here are both my receipts. I know the rights for the digital release have been strange around this movie recently, so maybe it has to do with which studio/distribution company owned the digital rights when you originally bought the movie on KScape?

Attachments

• IMG_0175.jpeg
    IMG_0175.jpeg
    385.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0173.jpeg
    IMG_0173.jpeg
    505.9 KB · Views: 22
Back