• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR & 4K Releases for May & June 2020

The following have been added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1

"Blink of an Eye" from 1091 Media
"Villain" from Paramount
"Lego Batman: Family Matters" from Warner

“Trolls World Tour” has been added in UHD/HDR and HD with Dolby Atmos from Universal

Edit: Soundtrack for the HD version is unclear unless there is a new format :) :)
  • English (DTS-HD Master Audio Atmos)

Last edited:
“Trolls World Tour” has been added in UHD/HDR and HD with Dolby Atmos from Universal

Edit: Soundtrack for the HD version is unclear unless there is a new format :) :)
  • English (DTS-HD Master Audio Atmos)

I reported it. It's fixed now.

Is Color of Space coming down in price?:D

This has been added back in UHD - $15.99:

John

I saw Color out of Space in the theater and wasn't that impressed, even for a B-movie in this genre. Any word on more updates to Universal titles for Atmos? I've been holding off watching Parasite in hopes for the Atmos mix to be available.

The following have been added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1
“The Quary“ from Lionsgate
“Lego DC Shazam!: Magic and Monsters” from Warner
“Sniper: Assassin's End” from Sony
“WWE: WrestleMania 36: 2020” from Warrner
“Beanpole“ from Kino Lorber
“Only You” from 1091 Media
”Before you know it” from 1091 Media
“Return to Mount Kennedy” from 1091 Media
“16 Bars” from 1091 Media
”Burden” from Universal

“Romantic Comedy” in DTS-HD MA Stereo from 1091 Media
“Everything For All Reasons” in DTS-HD MA Stereo from 1091 Media

“We Summon the Darkness” in Dolby True HD 5.1 from Lionsgate

“Midnight Family” in UHD/HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from 1091 Media
“Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind: Contact Has Begun” in UHD/HD with DTS-HD MA Stereo from 1091 Media

From Showtime
”The Trade” Season 1 & Season 2

Some older releases:

Last edited:
"INXS: Live Baby Live" has been added in HDR from Eagle Rock

This is the first Eagle Rock release in 4K!

Last edited:

Nice to see this released on the same day as the disc is released - I will have to add Eagle Rock to track on new releases.

Also, really glad to see a Eagle Rock title released in 4K HDR with Dolby Atmos! The disc version is only HD so I have added to my list of 4K titles w/o 4K on disc.

There is no HD version yet but I am hoping this is coning as all my concerts/concert scripts are on my Premiere system.

John

Nice to see this released on the same day as the disc is released - I will have to add Eagle Rock to track on new releases.

Also, really glad to see a Eagle Rock title released in 4K HDR with Dolby Atmos! The disc version is only HD so I have added to my list of 4K titles w/o 4K on disc.

There is no HD version yet but I am hoping this is coning as all my concerts/concert scripts are on my Premiere system.

John

I was wrong on the 4K disc version - it was released today also.

John

ETA: Sorry for the confusion on this but it looks like this has not been released in the US. The only versions I can find to buy in the US are Region 2 ones that were released in Australia (of course) and Europe. I am leaving this on my list of not available in 4K on disc (yet) in the US. Again, I apologize for the confusion on this.

Last edited:

HD version added With Dolby Atmos.

John

The following have been added:
"Viena and the Fantomes" in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Universal
"We Bare Bears:The Movie" in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Warner
"Force of Nature" in UHD/HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Lionsgate
"Miss Fisher and the Crypt of Tears"with DTS-HD MA Stereo from RLJ Ent.

Last edited:
The Following TV seasons have been added in HD by NBCUniversal...

Downton Abbey Season’s 1-6.

I checked with Kaleidescape on “The Blues Brothers” in 4K. They said that this title has not been released for digital platforms. This is supported by the fact that this title is available on neither Vudu nor iTurnes,

I can’t find any information when a digital release will be available.

John

Back