• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR & 4K Releases for March & April 2023

This is one that will force me to buy the disc set as well, my kids will want the 3D version.......

Jim
I didn't think there were that many 3D fans left out there these days. It wasn't for me but I had a few friends that loved it initially. I never felt it added anything for me personally. Clever stuff and the guy in next door's apartment raved about it but he did have the patent on some sort of spectacle-less software version for TVs. Mind you he said he had invented a lot of things. Always entertaining character in the elevator.

Up for pre-order in UHD/HDR & HD from Twentieth Century

What aspect ratio will this be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What aspect ratio will this be?

My guess is 1:85 if it was shown in IMAX and/or 3D in Theaters just like the 1st Avatar.
I like Jim will be getting it on Disc also for 3D but that will be 1080p not 4K HDR as 3D is always 1080p.

I have not seen Avatar Disc being released on 3D - have you?

No, not yet, but it will come. JC likes the 3D format, and like the first Avatar, this movie was conceived as a 3D movie, and was shot using 3D capable cameras, in addition to being shown in 3D in many theaters. I have little doubt we'll see a disc version in 3D.

Jim

I didn't think there were that many 3D fans left out there these days. It wasn't for me but I had a few friends that loved it initially. I never felt it added anything for me personally. Clever stuff and the guy in next door's apartment raved about it but he did have the patent on some sort of spectacle-less software version for TVs. Mind you he said he had invented a lot of things. Always entertaining character in the elevator.

I don't personally favor 3D for most films, but there are many that look great in 3D and add to the viewing experience, IMO, and Avatar is one of those films. There are also a lot of animated movies in 3D, and my kids prefer the 3D versions of those movies.

I think 3D still has a following, albeit small at this point because most folks have upgraded their displays over the recent years and many TV's no longer support the format (although it is coming back to some displays). Another factor affecting 3D acceptance is the actual viewing experience. Those of us with high lumen (high NIT) displays/projectors and excellent 3D systems are more likely to appreciate 3D. I've had people say they have no interest in 3D, but when I demo something for them in one of my theaters I hear "well if it looked like that I'd watch a lot more 3D," so opinions vary depending on what they actually experience in 3D. I don't watch 3D often, but it's fun to watch on occasion, and definitely depends on the movie.

Again, just my opinion.

Jim

Now available for purchase in UHD/HDR with Dolby Atmos from Lionsgate

I already own the Evil Dead in 4K HDR but shows as an upgrade at $4.92 for me. I am not sure what's upgraded? I see it has a new cover art.

Up for pre-order in UHD/HDR from Lionsgate

There is not a benefit for pre-ordering. It’s not like they are going to run out of prints or they offer any discounts. I do pre-order the titles I like anyway. Just to show support to the content team so they bring more titles early on.

One small benefit is that the title will be pre-downloaded. So the minutes it's available, you will be able to watch it immediately. 🤷‍♂️

But yes, I preorder right away also.

Good thing is seeing the pre-order active again after Covid mass and thing back to normal

There is not a benefit for pre-ordering. It’s not like they are going to run out of prints or they offer any discounts. I do pre-order the titles I like anyway. Just to show support to the content team so they bring more titles early on.
Recently I’ve noticed preorder is $24.99, then goes up to $29.99 the day it goes on sale. So there is a benefit if you think you’ll want to watch it right away. Babylon did this, and I hadn’t preordered so I wound up paying $30 instead of $25.

Recently I’ve noticed preorder is $24.99, then goes up to $29.99 the day it goes on sale. So there is a benefit if you think you’ll want to watch it right away. Babylon did this, and I hadn’t preordered so I wound up paying $30 instead of $25.
I believe that is the only exception. I have bought several pre-orders and didn't save any.

I believe that is the only exception. I have bought several pre-orders and didn't save any.
It’s not the only one. It’s happened frequently. I believe Cocaine Bear is another recent title. They raise the price for the duration of the digital exclusive then drop again when the disc is released. I’d expect to see it happen more and more, too.

Added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1(Indonesian & English) from Well Go USA Ent.

Where is the preorder for the Movie 65, I believe it’s a Sony title.

Back