• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR & 4K Releases for March & April 2023

Added in UHD/HDR with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Universal

Added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Warner

Noticed that Matilda is in the UK store on UHD and HDR now but only in HD in the US. Not sure it's a recent addition but I suspect it is. Hoping that turns up in the US too.

Added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1(French) from Sony

Added in HD from Sony(TV)

Added in HDR with Dolby Atmos from Warner(TV)

Added in UHD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Universal

Last edited:
The following have been added:

In UHD & HD with PCM Stereo from Stadium Media
In HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Paramount

On pre-order

Added in HDR with Dolby Atmos from Warner(TV)

Added in UHD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Universal
D2D pricings.

Doom - $8.59
Westworld - $24.07

Noticed that Matilda is in the UK store on UHD and HDR now but only in HD in the US. Not sure it's a recent addition but I suspect it is. Hoping that turns up in the US too.
Replying to my own post but does anyone one know if this is likely to appear in the US store anytime soon in it's HDR version? Can't imagine it's considered as a UK only interest which is where it is currently. I have the Blu ray quality version already on K but noticed that the digital offer on the HDR version in the UK store looks like £18.39 vs £19.99 which isn't likely to entice many casual upgrades but that's another issue I guess.

Check the receipt they should have sent to your email, it should show the $24.99 pre-order price (mine does).

If not, and you got it ordered during the $24.99 price, send an email to the store with the details and they should correct the cost.

Jim

Check the receipt they should have sent to your email, it should show the $24.99 pre-order price (mine does).

If not, and you got it ordered during the $24.99 price, send an email to the store with the details and they should correct the cost.

Jim

I got the $24.99 price. Just reiterating that pre-ordering does sometimes give you a better price than buying on release day. I think this will be a trend going forward, and I'm okay with it. Pre-order and save $5, or wait for the digital exclusive window to expire.

Sorry, misread on my part!

Jim

I'd def pre-order more if this turned out to be a thing. Still feeling the Scream sting though from that limited window "sale" pricing. :p

Agreed on the viewing right away point....and that never happens in my case, just too busy.

Jim

Stranger Things is one of their biggest properties and has been out on disc for years and it’s not on Kaleidescape.
Only the first 2 seasons though and only as Target exclusives. Due to poor sales (Target marked them down to $5 after a few months), they were out of print soon after and later seasons didn't get disc releases in the US.

I doubt we will see All Quiet on the Western Front on Kaleidescape. I ordered the 4K digibook from Amazon along with David Cronenberg's Crimes of the Future in 4K UHD BD.

Back