• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR & 4K Releases for March & April 2020

Changing the subject again. Some say Alita or Ford vs Ferrari deserve to be Foxes first Atmos Title in the store, I disagree, Underwater should get priority on this, the only fox title where Neural-X sounds A+ imagine native Atmos.

Changing the subject again. Some say Alita or Ford vs Ferrari deserve to be Foxes first Atmos Title in the store, I disagree, Underwater should get priority on this, the only fox title where Neural-X sounds A+ imagine native Atmos.

Happily settle for any of them. How did you like Underwater? Haven’t seen it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kirstin's range gives the impression of the performance being phoned in, the same shocked facial expression throughout but the plot is fluid, towards the end her wardrobe has been reduced to a tank top, panties and black neoprene elbow compression sleeves, creating a new vogue in easy on the eyes Gender Neutral Sexiness.:) The SOUNDFIELD in Neural-X and Prodigious Bass extension make it a must collect.

Last edited:
Happily settle for any of them.

Me too, and apologies for the slight off topicness but my impression of those 2 movies' soundfields ... it may change once I hear the update here.
There are 2 types of immersive soundfields.

Allocentric where you are in a rectangle and the sounds come primarily from the front direction with ambience in the rears, while it creates a good attachment to the screen action, this has evolved from classical music performances, which can only be traced back to choral music in large cathedrals, 300-700 AD. Humans have been hearing our surroundings for longer than that so our involuntary full embracement of Allocentric Soundfields have not really fully dug into our DNA I argue.

Egocentric sound fields are those where we are more evenly 360 degrees enveloped, in the seventies Quad gave us that quite well. Prehistoric Neantherdalls found precise spots inside caves where primitive percussive devices' echoes mimicked certain animal huff beats, they then painted there the animal best matching the huffbeats playback phenomenon. Altamira Caves 8 legged Boar. The first immersive cinemas 16,000 bc, Africa giant rock circle valley 60,000 years, and Druid sacrificial stone circles in Aberdeen Scotland 3,000 BC, where the screams of the sacrificed and bone crunches created a wonderful 360 degree surround effect mid circle. Axiomatically our DNA favors Egocentric soundfields. My 4 year Quest for the perfect Kaleidescape script is a curation of the most extreme Egocentric clips in the K library with the exception of some eye candy allocentric scenes.

Let's wait for the updates, but as of now Alita and Ford vs F are closer to allocentric just like A Star Is born while Underwater is an egocentric soundfields' junkie's diamond. As you read this I may come across as a crackpot, but you have the script, give it a spin....

In any event, you now have insight into why my signature reads" get back to the future". Lol . No more off-topic, Jim.:)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
“The Photograph” has been added in HDR/HD with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 from NBCUniversal.

I was hoping Guns Akimbo would be released on the K store today. Release status still shows “to be announced” even though it’s available on the Apple store.
Bargain price at $13.99

“The Assistant” has been added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Universal

“Emma” is now scheduled to be released on the Store on May 5th with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from NBCUniversal. HOWEVER, before people start overreacting, I want to point out that:
  • Release on disc is HD only with DTS-HD MA 5.1
  • Release on iTunes is HD only with Dolby 5.1
  • Release on Vudu is 4K with Dolby Digital Plus 5.1
So this title has no Dolby Atmos soundtrack available anywhere.

John

Mile 22 is discounted $8.00 right now only $11.99...

Mile 22 is discounted $8.00 right now only $11.99...

Thanks!

Back