• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR & 4K Releases for July & August 2021

The following have been added:
“Under the Volcano” in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Universal
“Snake Eyes:G.I. Joe Origins” in HDR with Dolby Atmos from Paramount

Now available for purchase:

From MGM:
From Universal

Last edited:
“Under the Volcano” in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Universal
“Snake Eyes:G.I. Joe Origins” in HDR with Dolby Atmos from Paramount

Now available for purchase:

From MGM:
From Universal
It's interesting that "Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins" is only $29.99 from Paramount, especially given it's such a new movie, and all of their other 4K HDR movies are $34.99, including their older movies. I wonder if this is a sign that Paramount movies are gonna be reduced across the board soon. 🤞It's also entirely possible I'm reading too much into it lol.

I Paramount price drop would be nice. Snake Eyes might also have just been dropped due to lackluster reviews/quality for the movie.

"Changing Lanes" has been added in HDR with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Paramount.

I Paramount price drop would be nice. Snake Eyes might also have just been dropped due to lackluster reviews/quality for the movie.
I (unfortunately) believe that you are right. Changing Lanes is $34.99....

The Following Premium Rentals have been added…

“The Green Knight” in HDR/UHD/HD with Dolby TrueHD Atmos from A24.

“Stillwater” in UHD/HD with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 from NBCUniversal.

I don't know anything about the The Green Knight, but the trailer is an advertisement for a board game........

Jim

“The Tuxedo”(2002) has been added in HDR with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Paramount

The Following Premium Rentals have been added…

“The Green Knight” in HDR/UHD/HD with Dolby TrueHD Atmos from A24.

“Stillwater” in UHD/HD with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 from NBCUniversal.

“Stillwater” updated to HDR rental…

$8.59 to upgrade from DVD.
And yet Almost Famous from the same studio is almost $30 to upgrade. The weird pricing with D2D and upgrade is honestly one of the most frustrating things about Kaleidescape lately. Indiana Jones was almost $30 for half a day and then popped down to $5 after someone said something, yet we have titles that still are all over the map from the same studio.

And yet Almost Famous from the same studio is almost $30 to upgrade. The weird pricing with D2D and upgrade is honestly one of the most frustrating things about Kaleidescape lately. Indiana Jones was almost $30 for half a day and then popped down to $5 after someone said something, yet we have titles that still are all over the map from the same studio.
I agree with you but I started looking at it like how I was upgrading my Blu-rays. I would pay full price and get the 4K release. Yeah, you could sell your Blu-ray copy and recuperate some and this is one of the major cons of digital copy media, you can’t sell it, you can’t lend it to friends or family, you can’t take with you. I am happy that some of my double, triple, quadruple dipping is over, at least with those with reasonable D2D rates :)

I agree with you but I started looking at it like how I was upgrading my Blu-rays. I would pay full price and get the 4K release. Yeah, you could sell your Blu-ray copy and recuperate some and this is one of the major cons of digital copy media, you can’t sell it, you can’t lend it to friends or family, you can’t take with you. I am happy that some of my double, triple, quadruple dipping is over, at least with those with reasonable D2D rates :)

If Paramount's normal disc to digital or upgrade price was a set $30, then so be it. I would then decide if I thought that was worth the price for upgrade on a case by case basis, just like I used to do for disc (already own the Blu-ray, should I buy the 4K disc?). But the frustration is not that, it is that most Paramount titles (especially catalog) fall into the realm of $5-8 for a disc to digital or market update. I have done this for A LOT of Paramount titles including the recent Indy titles as I mentioned. So why is a high profile catalog title like Indy showing up for $5 and something like AF is almost $30. And again, this WAS the case for Indy when it came on the store but someone mentioned it to someone at K and then by the end of the day it was down to the pricing we TYPICALLY see from Paramount titles. Consistency is what I want to see, it eliminates frustration and the constant wonder if whether the pricing is wrong and I should wait until it is fixed. We had the exact same thing happen with the LOTR/Hobbit movies as well. It was all over the place.

If Paramount's normal disc to digital or upgrade price was a set $30, then so be it. I would then decide if I thought that was worth the price for upgrade on a case by case basis, just like I used to do for disc (already own the Blu-ray, should I buy the 4K disc?). But the frustration is not that, it is that most Paramount titles (especially catalog) fall into the realm of $5-8 for a disc to digital or market update. I have done this for A LOT of Paramount titles including the recent Indy titles as I mentioned. So why is a high profile catalog title like Indy showing up for $5 and something like AF is almost $30. And again, this WAS the case for Indy when it came on the store but someone mentioned it to someone at K and then by the end of the day it was down to the pricing we TYPICALLY see from Paramount titles. Consistency is what I want to see, it eliminates frustration and the constant wonder if whether the pricing is wrong and I should wait until it is fixed. We had the exact same thing happen with the LOTR/Hobbit movies as well. It was all over the place.
I have only been a K user since March. Do the upgrade pricing change during the holidays when big sales happen for disc media? I assume K does some black Friday and cyber Monday sale but any change to D2D pricing at all?

Nothing major available today but there are a few lesser titles:

”Summer of 85” added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Music Box Films:

“Summer Days, Summer Nights” added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from MGM:

“Kipchoge: The Last Milestone” in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Universal:

John

Last edited:

“The Colony” in UHD and HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Lionsgate
“No Man of God” in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from RLJ Entertainment

Premium Rental
“Respect” in UHD/HDR and HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from MGM

The following have been added from Lionsgate in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1: