• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Updated Software Verison - New Scenes

JohnJ

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
I just rebooted my system and when it came up I now don't have a "Favorite Scences" folder but instead have a "Scenes" folder that contains all of the movies that have scenes saves.

As a bonus i also have new scenes that have been loaded for movies I have scenes for and also movies I never had generated any scenes. All of my scenes have a little "heart" symbol by them the new ones do not.

I think I read in one of the reviews of the M700 that this was coming but now that it's shown up I think that it this is really cool!

Regards,
John

Yes... sorry, I forgot to post something about this. It has nothing to do with M-class players, it's a change to KEAOS for all owners.

Kaleidescape now supplies scenes for movies that they've assembled... these are available for movies whether or not you've ever loaded or created scenes. Scenes you've created yourself are now marked with a little heart symbol.

In addition, scenes work a bit differently now. When a scene finishes playing it doesn't automatically return to the Kaleidescape UI... it simply goes to "pause". you could keep playing the movie from the end of that scene if you like.

I think it's a good move by Kaleidescape... I've long bemoaned the fact that scenes is a powerful feature that most owners know nothing about and rarely, if ever, use. This will expose it to a wider group and give everyone a large collection of scenes.

In addition to continuing the movie at the end of the scene, you can also jump to the next scene by pressing chapter skip forward or select a specific scene from the status overlay.

One question - If I delete one of the newly added scenes, can I get it back or is it gone forever?

One question - If I delete one of the newly added scenes, can I get it back or is it gone forever?

If you "forget" a scene, you can restore it via the browser interface. Navigate to http://my-kaleidescape/user/movies.html click on the movie title which has forgotten scenes you want to recover. This will open a popup detail window and there will be section titled "Forgotten Scenes" with a link you can click to restore the forgotten scenes (it's all or nothing, you can't choose which forgotten scenes to restore). Note that you can only do this for Kaleidescape generated scenes. If you delete your personally created scenes, they are gone for good.

In addition, scenes work a bit differently now. When a scene finishes playing it doesn't automatically return to the Kaleidescape UI... it simply goes to "pause". you could keep playing the movie from the end of that scene if you like.
The odd part is how it interacts with the paused "collection." Simply killing from the end of the scene never adds it to the list, but only some of the time does watching on and stopping later. Might have to do with whether I rolled back to get a running start first.

Here's a video of Kaleidescape Scenes from CEDIA EXPO:

If the inline video above doesn't work in your browser, here's a link to it on YouTube:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp6Mq2vJYrc"]Kaleidescape Scenes - YouTube[/nomedia]​

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting Tom!

Jim

Back