• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Universal is going Day and Date!

”The Hunt”, “The Invisible Man” and “Emma” are available on Vudu for rental for $19.99. They have named these “Theater at Home”.

John

They always do these things with crappy movies. If they announce that some A-list title is being released like this- say No Time To Die, then I'll pay attention...

The longer this goes on, the better is seems to try this with an A-list movie. It would provide some good metrics on what an A-List movie's numbers would look like going direct to VOD.

Personally, I'll wait for the better viewing experience that I get with K, as I suspect many of you will as well. I have not been in a movie theater for 12+ years, not since my home setups exceeded the theater experience (I also figure I've saved $500K in popcorn, soda and junior mints!) My point is, the first time I see most movies is when they're released to K, or on disc, and I want that experience to be as could as it can be, and so far Vudu (which I do like, and support because I can iPad those for my kids) is just not good enough for my large screen (12' to 16') projection setups.

Jim

jim, I very much echo that....I definitely see a picture differentiation (crushed black, etc) in streaming 4k content versus Kscape and disc offerings via the projector.....not to mention sound!!!
Maybe that’s common sense thinking but as we’ve (had the time) flipping through all sorts of streaming platforms you really get the overall picture! Fine for our Tv watching but when we step up to the projector screen, it’s night and day.

Yes Sir, that's what I've found as well, thanks for sharing!

Jim

After multiple delays, does anyone know when the two Kaleidescape Store currently downloadable and downloaded versions of Disney’s Onward will be viewable?

After multiple delays, does anyone know when the two Kaleidescape Store currently downloadable and downloaded versions of Disney’s Onward will be viewable?

HD and UHD versions are available now. We are still waiting on the HDR version. As far as I can tell other streaming services (Vudu and Apple) only have the HD version so far. Hopefully, the HDR version will show up shortly.

John

I haven’t tried to access it directly on my unit, but via the website library ‘my downloads‘ page Onward HD shows as downloaded but still has the circled i that reads it’s ‘unavailable on my system until’ ...and today it reads 03/23. it had yesterday’s date yesterday and 03/21 before that

I haven’t tried to access it directly on my unit, but via the website library ‘my downloads‘ page Onward HD shows as downloaded but still has the circled i that reads it’s ‘unavailable on my system until’ ...and today it reads 03/23. it had yesterday’s date yesterday and 03/21 before that
Well give it a try! As mentioned above it plays fine in all my 4 systems, same for others to my understanding.

Looks like "Bloodshot" will be available early from K as well. The audio and AR details have been added, usually this happens few days before release.
Same for "Birds for Prey".

Kostas

Image 23.03.20 at 19.53.jpeg

Image 23.03.20 at 19.57.jpeg

Looks like these so far have been announced for purchase early.
  • The Way Back (March 24)
  • Bloodshot (March 24)
  • Birds of Prey: and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn (March 24)
  • The Gentlemen (March 24)
  • I Still Believe (March 27)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog (March 31)

Looks like these so far have been announced for purchase early.
  • The Way Back (March 24)
  • Bloodshot (March 24)
  • Birds of Prey: and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn (March 24)
  • The Gentlemen (March 24)
  • I Still Believe (March 27)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog (March 31)
Thanks. "Dolittle" & "Clemency" as well for tomorrow. "The Gentlemen" has already downloaded in my system. K just confirmed March 24 release for "Birds of Prey".

"Bad Boys for Life" on 03.31

I seem to be getting network connection issue, but all other network items are working fine??

Attachments

• 718F0E25-8226-4507-9BF6-171EBE08E517.jpeg
    718F0E25-8226-4507-9BF6-171EBE08E517.jpeg
    34.3 KB · Views: 29
Back