• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

CONFIRMED FIXED: Unable to import: Shoot 'Em Up

sshearer

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Has anybody been able to import the DVD of Shoot 'Em Up? I have tried 2 different copies of the DVD and tried on 2 different player/readers with no luck. It imports for a while and then gives me a trouble importing disc error message. I have tried cleaning the disc and that doesn't help. The disc plays fine in my DVD player.

It is a New Line Home Video disc (the same studio that does Hairspray).

Scott

Oh no... I did pop this in the other day but I never checked on it- Ill report back.. (fingers crossed)

Have not tried it, but I'll do the same and report back (have to buy the disk).

Jim

Jerry and Jim,

Thanks very much for checking on this. I will anxiously await your results. I certainly hope it is simply a bad disc (actually 2 bad discs) and not the beginning of problems with all New Line Home Video DVDs.

Scott

Sadly- it seems that this is another problem disc from our friends at New Line... Mine did not import- gave the disc error like on Hairspray. I will notify the tech support at K... I suspect they already know...

Jerry,

Thanks for the response. I was afraid that this was the answer. This does not bode well if KScape can't find a solution. I am concerned not only that future New Line releases will have the same problem, but that other studios may pick up on this and do the same thing.

I would certainly be more than happy to send KScape my disc, but chances are they probably already have it or will want to purchase their own copy. If there is any other information that would be helpful to KScape, I would certainly be glad to provide it.

Thanks again for the reply. Fortunately I am not one who shoots the messenger :) :) :)

Scott

Hi Guys,

Yup, same here:(. Hopefully K will figure this out soon.

(Now I have both a Blu-ray and a DVD version)

Jim

I had no problem importing this disc. It played through just fine.:D

I imported "Shoot 'Em Up" without difficulty. Rush Hour 3 and Hairspray were not successful. Could there be some difference in the Canadian pressing of this disc but not the others? I imported it through my movie player.

Last edited:
I imported "Shoot 'Em Up" without difficulty. Rush Hour 3 and Hairspray were not successful. Could there be some difference in the Canadian pressing of this disc but not the others? I imported it through my movie player.

Yes. There are a number of "problem" titles that won't import if you have the American pressing but will import if you have the Canadian release.

Yes. There are a number of "problem" titles that won't import if you have the American pressing but will import if you have the Canadian release.

That's interesting. Why would that aspect of the authoring be different?

Jim

That's interesting. Why would that aspect of the authoring be different?

A portion of DVD titles released in Canada are authored/distributed by different companies than the American releases. The authoring techniques that are being employed by the US production house to prevent copying/importing are not necessarily used by the Canadian production house.

One of the main reasons for the re-authoring for Canadian release is the requirement for French language audio tracks and/or subtitling. A number of the US releases have Spanish subtitles but not French.

This is fixed in version 3.5.4, coming soon. See announcement elsewhere on the forum.

Back