• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

UltraViolet

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Anyone actually used UV? please describe experience and thoughts,
--josh

I've tried it when I buy a BR with UV as a feature. I wish they would just give us the iTunes DVD ROM but it seems they are pushing this. Some titles require you to create two accounts: one at UV and one at another service called Flixster (sp?). In my case they didn't work together and it promoted me to send a customer support email and they just mailed me a DVD for iTunes.

In theory its not a bad idea but in execution its a big headache.

Yes, flixster is very annoying. I'm ok with digital quality so just give me my movies in either my iTunes account or amazon. I shy away from UV whenever possible

Im hoping they will get enough complaints that they change what they are doing. The older way of giving us a disc with the iTunes file was fine by me.

My experience has been bad. I was skeptical but gave it a shot. I was also disappointed, as others have indicated, when I opened my BR package to find that it was not an iTunes-based file. I remained open-minded, because they have an 'app' that could supposedly be used on the go. However, it hasn't seemed to work well, PLUS, there are sometime instances where I do not have an internet connection (airplane, cabin, etc.) and would like to watch the movie. A cloud service could be nice, perhaps if I could 'borrow' a digital copy from my library for a trip in which I wouldn't have internet connectivity, but this isn't at that point yet.

Steven

Back