• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

UK Store

It doesn't work quite like that. When your system is registered it shows up in any of the stores as available to down load to automatically but to see the US store you need a US ip address so you have to be based there or have a VPN connection enabled.

To buy from the US store you need a US billing address 'attached' to your credit card otherwise when you try to buy a film for download the credit card transaction is declined as a check is done on the credit card.

Without these it is the UK store if you are in the UK or physical disks via Amazon etc.

Ok I understand, but can you 'attach' a second address to your bank account? Or do I need to sign up for a new card using only a US address?

You can I suppose as I have that since I live and work in different countries to my bank location but I expect the bank would need to validate your addresses.

Unless you have a massive need it is a lot of trouble to go to and the ripping of disks to the system is generally faster than the download speed but of course you do have to wait for the postman.

Sorry to re-inact an old thread, but I was wondering if anything has changed, or is it still possible to get access to the US store. Just wondering if someone has done it recently, if someone could PM with the details that would be great.

As I am buying a property in England over the next weeks, I am wondering, whether the UK Store is still that bad or has it advanced over recent years? As I live in Germany, I have no store at all. To get at least some content on 4K on the Kaleidoscope system would be a big improvement to me.

best regards

Dirk

As I am buying a property in England over the next weeks, I am wondering, whether the UK Store is still that bad or has it advanced over recent years? As I live in Germany, I have no store at all. To get at least some content on 4K on the Kaleidoscope system would be a big improvement to me.

best regards

Dirk

Sent you a PM

best regards

Dirk

Hi Dirk

Did you manage to resolve this issue? I live in South Africa and have the same issue, called my Credit Card company and they won't allow me to add a US address to my account.

The key thing is getting a card/address in the states. There are digital cards you can get now, but I have not tried any of these as I still can copy discs.

Back