• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

UHD movies in the store!

Kostas

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
UHD movies from Sony, Moving Art and the Orchard are available for download!

Already owned BD quality movies can be upgraded to UHD for $13.99

And $17.99 for DVD to UHD upgrades. I have 29 UHD upgrades available.

I hope this means my Stratos will be shipping soon...

63 titles total are up so far. Sony, K2, Orchard and Moving Art.

Only 15 in the uk.

Unfortunately, nothing yet on the Canadian site. I am hopeful, however, as often it takes an extra day or so compared to the US site.

Wayne

PS. Sorry, I found 15 documentary or art type films from Moving Art, K2 and the Orchard

Last edited:
Strato 4K Player's will start shipping soon, based on the back-orders.

Jim

This is really great news!!!! Has Kscape considered a rental option for the downloads. I love the fact these are full Bit downloads, it would be a nice option to be able to rent some of the titles I would not want to own and therefore take up space on the 6TB hard drive. I probably will pull the trigger either way but rental would be a nice option. Just my thoughts

I got my notice last night that mine were approved to ship but no shipment yet. Time to go get a 4K panel now...

Interestingly enough, I believe the USA store initially showed more UHD content than it does now. I have been doing a lot of downloads recently (filling a new Alto), and am in the store a lot changing the download speed so that it does not effect the overall internet access.

When I initially updated the store, I am sure the likes of Fury, Chappie, Elysium were there. Fury has returned but the others have not, but a good sign that they will have more content coming through?

If we have the bluray version will we have to pay full price for the UHD version? Or is there a upgrade path? Once we own the Strato. Thanks

And I wonder how the UV rights across different stores will work.
For example If I buy a movie on Vudu (with UV rights) it shows up on my K Escape.
If I insert a disc in K Escape and take a disc to digital upgrade it shows up in Vudu.
Now I bought two Digital 4K Movies from Amazon - Smurf's 2 and Amazing Spiderman 3 - these are available in K Escape store but the store shows I need to buy them again..
4K UV working across all platforms VUDU, Amazon, Ultraflix etc etc - needs to show up on all devices ... but that may not be good for the stores...
One thing is for sure - best way to make a digital library is to buy from a store offering UV Rights.
It would be great if someone from K Escape explains how the digital rights across various platforms will work some know the rules of the game..

If we have the bluray version will we have to pay full price for the UHD version? Or is there a upgrade path? Once we own the Strato. Thanks

Looks like $13.99 to go from HD to UHD for applicable downloads, i.e. Fury, Amazing Spiderman etc. Not sure on going from discless from Bluray disc to UHD though.

And without ATMOS - no point getting 4K upgrades IMHO.
I see Dracula as a 4K upgrade for me but I have a Blu Ray Disc new version of this movie which is ATMOS so I am not motivated to buy this..

And without ATMOS - no point getting 4K upgrades IMHO.
I see Dracula as a 4K upgrade for me but I have a Blu Ray Disc new version of this movie which is ATMOS so I am not motivated to buy this..

Hmmm. Interesting point. It didn't occur to me previously that the UltraHD versions might not have Atmos. That seemed like a no-brainer. I definitely will not trade higher resolution video for Atmos audio. After hearing good Atmos at home, I am ruined now.

"Chappie" is back and we are up from the initial 63 titles to 70.

I see all the upgrades for the Sony movies but I have one Orchard title that it is still showing full price and doesn't show up in my digital upgrade list. Is anyone seeing upgrades on any titles other than Sony?

John

Hmmm. Interesting point. It didn't occur to me previously that the UltraHD versions might not have Atmos. That seemed like a no-brainer. I definitely will not trade higher resolution video for Atmos audio. After hearing good Atmos at home, I am ruined now.

I received one of those 4K servers with my Sony projector and it doesn't even give me lossless audio. And most of the titles in the Sony store where actually just unconverted 1080. I need to download a newer title as its been about 8 months since I looked at it. I just didn't see the reason to pay $30 for worse audio and no real noticeable improvement in picture.

Back