• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Tv shows...

MAttHEATLifer

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
I haven’t bought a TV show yet from the movie store.
Looking to buy my first one this week, going to watch Chuck.

My question is does Kaleidescape operate the same as Netflix, Hulu, etc. in that when episode is finish it plays the next one automaticall, big pet peeve of mine is having it goi back to menu and having to select next episode takes me out of the enjoyment of the show.

any info would be greatly appreciated
thanks

If you begin playback of the series by choosing "Play All Episodes" from the detail sheet, then playback will automatically continue into the next episode until you reach the end of the episodes.

If you choose to play an individual episode, playback will pause at the end of each episode and display the cover art for the series along with a wedge reading, "End of episode. Press play to watch the next episode."

Pressing "Play" will play the next episode. Pressing "Stop" will stop playback and set a paused bookmark at the beginning of that next episode.

John is of course 100% correct in his description, but he's left out one important caveat. You can't continue episodes across seasons. When you finish the final episode of Sopranos season 3, it will just vanish on the Paused section of the UI and you're on your own to navigate to season 4 and start that as a fresh title. If you use your "Paused" collection as a way to remember what shows and movies you're watching right now, it's a really bad experience. You have to remember yourself what season you just finished and then go find the next season and start it.

The issue is, that unlike Netflix, Hulu, Roku, AppleTV, Amazon, Comcast VoD, Disney+, HBO-Max, or pretty much any other streaming or download service, Kaleidescape can't consolidate separate seasons of a TV show into a single entry. It essentially doesn't recognize any connection between season 3 of Sopranos and season 4... they're just separate "movies" or entries in the list of titles you have.

This is also why you'll see each season show up as its own cover in "cover view" and own entry in "list" or "collections" mode. It's frustrating, in my opinion, but Kaleidescape has said they have not prioritized fixing the multi-season issues like this in the UI. If you have every season of, say, the Simpsons... your entire screen of cover view will fill with Simpsons when it shuffles to "similar" shows since it sees each season as its own title. On other services, you just see "Simpsons" as one entry, with every season as a logical grouping within that entry.

This has been a frustration for many years, and is why I personally will never buy TV series from Kaleidescape store. Buying them on any other streaming service works so much easier and more logically.

There's no better experience for movies than Kaleidescape. But I can't say the same for TV series. It's been discussed for coming up on a decade (no exaggeration) here, for instance.

Last edited:
Back