• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

TV show "History"

Kyleh215

I also wish that under Television series it would indicate what episode number was last watched. Similar to how netflix instant does it. Or somehow indicate what episodes have been viewed over a certain length of time.

Maybe the Kscape logo or the date next to the episode name?

I'd absolutely love this!

If you use the Play All feature, then you can resume the next time through (the trick being it currently will not auto-play after the one you resume.) Trying to remember off the top of my head whether hitting pause first, so it shows on the paused collection, gets around that annoyance.

Last edited:
We do use the play all feature, but it's not working between zones. If I pause a show in my bedroom and resume it in my gym it works great. BUT when I turn on the bedroom M700 later it goes back to the scene I paused it at earlier. Then its all screwed up and plays from that scene, not where I ended in my gym.

Yeah, actively turning it "off" tends to make resuming go sideways. Then again, if you are adding the Scenes function on-top of that, its not too surprising things are wonky.

You do not have to choose "Play All" to take advantage of resuming with the next episode. You can choose to play Episode 1 (or Episode x) and at the end of that episode, a pause bookmark will be set for Episode x+1. This pause bookmark should work in all zones. There is no need to pause the episode manually. Just let the episode finish (at least to the end credits).

Note that just switching a player into standby during playback will *not* set a proper pause bookmark. You must stop playback first and allow the system to return to the onscreen display in order for a pause bookmark to be set.

I do what Kyle just described all the time, and have NEVER had a problem with pausing series on one player, or watching to the end of an episode, and then resuming or just hitting "play" on any player in my home, and it always works just as expected. It's one of the things I love about TV series via Kaleidescape.
Kyle - I'm guessing you're turning off your player while it's playing an episode, else there's something faulty with your system. We never shut off any of our main players, so maybe that's why it works great for us? As Croptop says (and I can attest), the system does a perfect job of playing and resuming TV series, episode-by-episode, quite transparently... just hitting play, pause, or stop on any player seems to work great.

I do what Kyle just described all the time, and have NEVER had a problem with pausing series on one player, or watching to the end of an episode, and then resuming or just hitting "play" on any player in my home, and it always works just as expected. It's one of the things I love about TV series via Kaleidescape.
Kyle - I'm guessing you're turning off your player while it's playing an episode, else there's something faulty with your system. We never shut off any of our main players, so maybe that's why it works great for us? As Croptop says (and I can attest), the system does a perfect job of playing and resuming TV series, episode-by-episode, quite transparently... just hitting play, pause, or stop on any player seems to work great.

My main players always stay on too. We usually hit pause or stop and then power off the tv & receiver . What would be wrong with my system?

Not sure - can you be more specific with describing how the TV Show DVDs aren't working as we've described? Is there a reproducible sequence you can go through to make it "forget" where it was in a series or play an episode that seems wrong?

By the way, have you checked what your setting is under "Remember Paused Movies for: "? I imagine that setting is also used for determining how long it will remember the episode number in a TV Series DVD.

You'll find that setting in the USER web interface (not the INSTALLER web interface).

--josh

I have it set to remember for a month

I can't reproduce it exactly. It just happens between my zones

My "request" is that they indicate a watched episode somehow. Obviously it'd only show episodes watched within the set time under the "Remember Paused Movies for:"

Of course I could just finish some series! Haha!

Back