• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Trust me, get this Norwegian Movie

soGM

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
It's dubbed in English, good enough, but the story telling and editing is simply great. If you like this, let me know and I will tell you about another movie you've not heard of .......

Attachments

• HH.jpg
    HH.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 35
Saw that a while ago, and agree with you comments.

Jim

I liked this one too. There are some terrific films out there from Norway. ‘The Wave’ is one of my all time favorite films, so well done!
If you like Aksel Hennie (Headhunters) check out another Norwegian film he was in called ‘Pioneer’. It's about the joint effort between the U.S. and Norway to construct an underwater pipeline. It's a thriller and a good one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked this one too. There are some terrific films out there from Norway. ‘The Wave’ is one of my all time favorite films, so well done!
If you like Aksel Hennie (Headhunters) check out another Norwegian film he was in called ‘Pioneer’. It's about the joint effort between the U.S. and Norway to construct an underwater pipeline. It's a thriller and a good one

just ordered, thanks

Thanks, have not seen these. What was the one you were talking about that we ‘probably have never heard of ‘?

Personally, while I also enjoyed Liam Neeson's "Cold Pursuit" version, I thought the original Norwegian version (In Order of Disappearance) was more realistic and engaging, in addition to the excellent performances. I very much enjoyed that film.

Jim

Personally, while I also enjoyed Liam Neeson's "Cold Pursuit" version, I thought the original Norwegian version (In Order of Disappearance) was more realistic and engaging, in addition to the excellent performances. I very much enjoyed that film.

Jim
I’m with you on Norwegian version

I'll chime in with a for In Order of Disappearance. Great movie, have not seen the Liam Neeson version.

The usual plus
Thanks. Ordering headhunters now.
Tip for you - rather than take the time to make screenshots of the covers and upload those to your posts, you can always just find the movie on the Kaleidescape Store and copy that URL into your post. then the board software will pull the summary, cover art, and readers will have 1-click to view/buy the movie.
as an example:

^^^ all those details happen automatically just by putting the movie store URL to a title in the text post.

But either way, keep the recommendations coming... love finding more obscure great foreign movies!

Thanks. Ordering headhunters now.
Tip for you - rather than take the time to make screenshots of the covers and upload those to your posts, you can always just find the movie on the Kaleidescape Store and copy that URL into your post. then the board software will pull the summary, cover art, and readers will have 1-click to view/buy the movie.
as an example:

^^^ all those details happen automatically just by putting the movie store URL to a title in the text post.

But either way, keep the recommendations coming... love finding more obscure great foreign movies!
Thanks, let me know how you like the movie

Sweet! Can't beat good film recommendations :)

Don't know about others but I just can't bring myself to watch any films streamed anymore regardless of platform or cost. It's either K or I won't watch it, feel like I'm missing how it was intended in some way, it is someone's art after all. That's why I'm a tad worried about a number of these "straight to Netflix" films. Thankfully A24, Criterion and the like seem to pick some of them up down the line. Even struggle with some of the TV series - certainly older ones, I try and hunt down BR versions o_O

Each to their own, naturally, but I think the "art" element is lost on many for a number of reasons, let alone the big screen experience of how it was meant to be viewed. I have one friend who visited not long back and she said she cannot ever watch films "on the TV" ever again in the same way now - mission accomplished :cool::geek:

Jim
Ha, I never knew Cold Pursuit was a remake of In Order of Disappearance. Not seen Cold Pursuit, the original is mint :)

Hi Vodder. I’m with you on your post above, why watch a movie in a lesser format when you can view it the way the director intended in full lossless glory. I hardly ever watch anything streaming anymore. The Kscape versions are so much better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL, you folks are so spoiled. When it's HD and I sit 10 feet from my 65" TV, I'd rather save $15. When it's UHD + Atmos then I splurge on the $8 Kaleidescape rental and watch it on the PJ.

Ha, I never knew Cold Pursuit was a remake of In Order of Disappearance. Not seen Cold Pursuit, the original is mint :)

Frankly, I didn't know either until my Daughter's agent mentioned it on a shoot, he Rep'ed another actor in the remake, so I made it a point to watch the Neeson version. I liked both, but really preferred the original.

Jim

Right, let’s see what “Kill me three times” is like 👍🏼 Simon Pegg shows up everywhere 🤣

Prime example too of where Premiere still has a use case IMO. Reminds me, must pick up the BR for True Lies! 😂🤩

Plus buy 2 get 1 free, “Last Boy Scout “ and “Passenger 57” are on the K store but only in SD. I can’t bring myself to pay “normal” prices for SD if I can source the BR cheaper.

56D8F38D-31D1-4D32-80BD-A8F2029ECF72.jpeg(No idea what the transfer or quality of either is like, might be much of a muchness but for now I assume the BR is higher on sound & vision - happy to stand corrected!)

Back