• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Troubleshooting Playback

9riffTX

During playback, we experienced quite a few momentary pauses/skips/jumps and some pixelated horizontal streaks that appeared briefly. Should I be concerned about hard drive health/performance or might this be some hiccup caused by the encoding process? Of course, there could be another explanation.

If you want to try and relive the experience, the movie was "Say Anything."

I could download again and see if it clears up, but I'm getting about 100 Mbps to an Alto.

Thanks.

Unfortunately there are many possibilities, it could be a network issue, a drive going bad, and HDMI issue, cable issue, a download issue, or an internal player issue (but unlikely).

You might consider getting support to look at your system to see if there is something obvious. They can easily see network or drive issues.

Jim

I'm going to piggyback on this earlier thread to ask if anyone has experienced the 'covers view' covers disappearing in an otherwise ready to navigate screen from a player. I can still move the cursor around and the info bubble populates, but the rest of the screen is blank. Cycle power/soft refresh option?

Thanks.

I'm going to piggyback on this earlier thread to ask if anyone has experienced the 'covers view' covers disappearing in an otherwise ready to navigate screen from a player. I can still move the cursor around and the info bubble populates, but the rest of the screen is blank. Cycle power/soft refresh option?

Thanks.

I've had two clients outside the US that recently reported this to me. In checking with K I was told (for them) this "might" be the result of some change in their Store account. Both were accessing the Store through a VPN, both had recent changes to the payment method in the Store (changed credit card). I'm told that there are changes to the Store software that will correct some of the VPN use outside the US that's being used to access the US based K Store, and some of the changes may result in performance changes on the end-user side. Not saying that's what happened in your case, but it's possible for the clients I noted.

In general, my understanding is the US Store requires a valid US bank based/approved credit card, which in turn requires a US address. Not sure what, if anything, has changed in this regard.

Jim

...ask if anyone has experienced the 'covers view' covers disappearing in an otherwise ready to navigate screen from a player...
Happens to me from time-to-time. I suspect it has something to do with the movie-guide people messing with the database. Recently I've seen very whacky behavior where track titles listed below album art belong to a completely different album.

Back