• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Troubleshooting a Cinema One (2nd Gen) dropout issue with music.

Rengozu

I've been loving the music collection I have loaded on my Cinema One, and now that I have the Second Screen app I thought everything was going to be wonderful now that I didn't have to turn on the projector to see the screen to select music.
With projector turned on with the rest of the system (K and Prepro), everything works perfectly.
If I just turn on the Marantz prepro and the Cinema One using the Second Screen app, the music will play, but every 10 seconds or so it has a drop out. This will continuously happen until I turn the projector on and then it works great again. From this point I can turn the projector off and it continues to work, but I'd like to not have to turn it on in the first place.
I've looked through options on both the Cinema One and the Marantz and am clueless of what the problem setting may be. The Cinema is run to the Marantz with an HDMI cable.

The issue is with HDMI handshake, we've seen it with multiple devices and multiple brand receivers. The receiver 'sees' that there is something connected to the output and tries to negotiate. That fails because the projector is off and the the receiver just keeps trying.

Every time the receiver tries, you'll lose audio. Turning the projector on satisfies the negotiation and it never checks again, event after you turn it off.

We've had success putting an HDMI splitter with a fixed EDID on the output of the receiver. The receiver will be happy negotiating with it and not trip up. Certain EDIDs might cause problems with other sources, so it usually takes some experimenting to get right for everything.

Kevin D.

The issue is with HDMI handshake, we've seen it with multiple devices and multiple brand receivers. The receiver 'sees' that there is something connected to the output and tries to negotiate. That fails because the projector is off and the the receiver just keeps trying.

Every time the receiver tries, you'll lose audio. Turning the projector on satisfies the negotiation and it never checks again, event after you turn it off.

We've had success putting an HDMI splitter with a fixed EDID on the output of the receiver. The receiver will be happy negotiating with it and not trip up. Certain EDIDs might cause problems with other sources, so it usually takes some experimenting to get right for everything.

Kevin D.
Thanks for the info. Least now I can stop searching for some rogue setting to fix this. Thinking since I just use this device for Audio (and cataloging) I might just skip HDMI altogether and try to run the RCA cables for a quick workaround.

Back